Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast

Re: Stagg & Old Charter

I can't say if the OC distribution is becomming limited, but I wouldn't be surprised. It's pretty common here in GA, but as I keep my eyes open for the 13-yr. PR (no luck), I have noticed that the 8-yr. isn't everywhere; many stores will have the 10 and 12, but no 8. That may reflect a supply issue, or just some pricing/inventory experience. The 8 is usullay a few dollars more than most other base, 80 proof pours, including BT's Benchmark (but not JB white, which is about the same price as the OC). Maybe that reflects the 8 years of inventory taxes, etc., but the 7-yr. EW and 6-yr. VOB (even at 90 proof) are under $10, while the the 8-yr. OC is usually $13-14. Would think they'd be closer in price.

Bob

Enthusiast

Old Charter is a growing brand, which is good and bad. As it, Weller, Van Winkle, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare SB, etc., continue to grow, we are facing an allocation problem on everything we produce. There are occassional out-of-stock situations, but we are trying very hard to limit them. As an FYI, Old Charter 12 year old has become one of our sales forces favorite everyday bourbons, next to BT.

Ken

Enthusiast

I'm sure keeping up with the demand for all your good bourbons is difficult. And I'm not surprised that the OC 12 is a favorite in-house. I'm still casting a wide net of exploration, but if I settled on 4 or 5 to keep around for regular pours, OC 12 would be one of them. Oddly, when I take it on a camping/fishing trip and put it on the table, I end up bringing most of it home, even when what I think of as notably lesser bourbons get emptied; probably my frineds just have no taste (as their choice in friends indicates). I suspect the story would be different if I put out a bottle of Stagg, but we'll never know.

Bob