Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

View Poll Results: September BOTM should be:

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wild Turkey Rare Breed

21 51.22%
  • Buffalo Trace

20 48.78%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOTM poll

Hybrid View

Administrator in exile

BOTM poll

I seem to have picked a bourbon this month that, unknown to me here in bourbon country, is rather hard to find elsewhere, and I appologize to those of you who wanted to participate but could not. This time I have picked a selection of bourbons and we'll put it to a member vote to determine next months BOTM. Please feel free to comment on your vote and lobby your fellow member

Please select your top two choices. The bourbon with the most votes at midnight 8/31/05 is the winner. Have fun

Enthusiast

Re: BOTM poll

While I cannot yet vote for this poll, I can comment that all of these choices (except BT) are available locally, and (even better) all of these are currently in stock in my collection, and (still even better) they are all delicious.

Pick one.

Administrator in exile

Personally, I would like to see Baker's win. Baker's is my favorite of the Small Batch Collection, but it gets little discussion on the forum.

Enthusiast

Well, Baker's would be my second choice, but I voted for EWSB, in part because I have an open bottle, but also because I think if the BOTM continues for a few years, it might be interesting to have that perspective.

BTW, you may have the same availabilty problem with BT; it's not here in GA, and I've not seen it in FL either. Whatever I can find from that distillery is good stuff, but it seems to have tha lot of hit-or-miss availability in its lineup. Maybe a vestige of how it got some of its brands and locked-in existing distibutions.

Bob

Administrator in exile

BTW, you may have the same availabilty problem with BT
    Unfortunately, I think the availability problem is inherent to any world-wide discussion of a particular bourbon. In order to get this thing off the ground I was trying to select products with wide distribution, but the bourbon market being what it is, some people will probably always be shut-out Hopefully the poll will allow the largest number of people possible to participate.

Enthusiast

Good point. I guess I thought BT has a pretty limited distribution, not as bad as AAA 10-yr., but centered around KY. I'll keep an eye out in my travels. The poll is a good idea; while I might vote for several of these bourbons, I wouldn't vote for BT since I can't get it, and I assume others would do the same.

Bob

...In order to get this thing off the ground I was trying to select products with wide distribution, but the bourbon market being what it is, some people will probably always be shut-out...
    Happily, Buffalo Trace IS available in TN, which is a very wide (though thin N to S) state -- does that count as 'wide distribution' . Otherwise, I believe Ken noted recently it is available readily in only 5 or 6 states, plus retailers like Sam's and Binny's.
    Anyway, I opted for EWSB '95, because the '96 will be issued in October, and that way everyone can have a current one recently opened to which to compare the new one.

Guru

You know, the more I read people's posts concerning Bakers and that there is little said about it, the more I think it's a great BOTM. With so little written, people get a chance to drink it with no preconceived notions in their head, almost a blind tasting. Shame too because it is a fine bourbon eclipsed by it's stronger sibling Booker's, it's highly marketed sibling Knob Creek, and it's reasonable priced sibling Beam Black. Did I mention that I voted for it and it alone?

Enthusiast

Did I mention that I voted for it and it alone?
    Brown nose.

Connoisseur

I would prefer Buffalo Trace since I've never tried it, but that is the problem, isn't it??? Any of the others would be great. I'll go for RR1792.

Cheers,

Ken