Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Midleton 25

Advanced Taster

Midleton 25

If anyone wants to try one of the greatest whiskey ever made outside the U.S. - Midleton 25 for sale on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Guru

Re: Midleton 25

But look at the opening price and buy it now price. YOWZER! I paid less for my first car...

Advanced Taster

Yeah, you're right. This usually goes for more than that over in Europe, though. You should sell you car and buy this whiskey...

Guru

Now THAT's a hearty recommendation.

Advanced Taster

Soon petrol prices will be higher than Midleton 25, so the selling your car option could save you a fortune...

Seriously, though, you should try some kind of pot still Irish whiskey. There are some around at reasonable prices - Redbreast and Green Spot.

Guru

I have been meaning to try Redbreast as it is readily available in my area. I do like the Irish whiskies I've tried, being Bushmill's, Black Bushmill's, Bushmill's 10 yr Single Malt and Bushmill's Millenium Malt. I guess I should broaden my horizons a bit and stop "beating around the Bush" so to speak. Maybe I'll pick one up while I'm beating about today on my day off....

Advanced Taster

The pot still whiskeys will be different to the Bushmills brands.

Incidentally, Bushmills has been bought by Diagio, splitting up Irish Distillers.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the Redbreast if you get it.

Guru

Well, bought a bottle of 12yo Redbreast yesterday and cracked it open last night while chatting in the forum's chat room. Granted it had been a LONG day after mowing the lawn, going shopping with some friends that came in from Nova Scotia, and sitting in the very top row of Busch Stadium to watch my Cards get hammered by the Pirates, so I may have been a bit off my game as far as tasting was concerned. I kept getting a hint of a taste from long ago every time I breathed in through my mouth after a sip. I finally tracked it down to be Grape Laffy Taffy. Unusual but there. Tonight I may try a side by side with my Bush Millenium Malt but just wasn't up to the task last night.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

I think that's a sherry barrel taste you're getting there, Dane. I must say I find it hard to like Redbreast, it has a waxy-like taste which I believe is very Irish "pure pot-still" but seems weird to me. I blend my Irish to get just a bit of that taste. E.g. Power's offers a hint of it with a rich malty body but with Redbreast it is fully-loaded.

Gary

Enthusiast

I'm a big fan of both current and ancient Irish Pot still whiskey. I've never had a chance to try the M25, but would like to get a bottle--even at close to these prices.

I do have a Midelton 26, which is one of my all time favorate Irish Whiskeys. It's different from the 25, have been finished in port pipes.