Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Connoisseur

Christmas packaging

Anyone know of Christmas packing to watch out for?? A few years ago I got some nice rocks glasses with Rare Breed. Last year Don Julio Tequila came with some nice little mini snifters.... Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything.

Ken

Enthusiast

Re: Christmas packaging

All I've seen so far has been Christmas packaging for Cazadores Tequila. There are two different versions. One with a margarita glass I saw at my local Sams Club, and one with two small snifters at my local liquor store.

Enthusiast

I picked up a Christmas package of Wild Turkey 101. It comes with two low ball glasses with the turkey etched at the bottom. At 17.99, it was a steal! Anybody see any bourbon packages with a flask?

Also, if anyone likes Jack Daniels, Costco had a fantastic wood case with regular Jack, Gentleman Jack and Single Barrel in it. It has a glass window with Jack Daniels etched on it.

Connoisseur

I saw the WT package as well. Nice. I liked the glasses better when they did the Rare Breed package. Those were very nice quality.

Ken

Connoisseur

Last year Glenmorangie came with a set of four Blenders Nosing Glasses. They came in handy!

Advanced Taster

I don't remember, but someone is doing a combo flask/cigar holder. It looks interesting. I would jump at the Glenmorangie. A lot of stores here either pull the sets to sell this time of year, or some break them apart and sell the gifts seperately. Now that sounds like a rip at first, but I bought a shaker for $2.00 from a vodka I would not spend 50 cents on.

Enthusiast

A lot of stores here either pull the sets to sell this time of year, or some break them apart and sell the gifts seperately.
    Is that...legal?

A lot of stores here either pull the sets to sell this time of year, or some break them apart and sell the gifts seperately.
    Is that...legal?
    Depends on where it is. Here is Tennessee, no. We can't sell anything -- not even a corkscrew for your wine purchase -- that doesn't have an alcohol content (even our mixers have 1% abv) unless it's packaged with liquor/wine. Thus we can sell gift sets -- but only if intact.
    Lots of places (he said, in an understatement) have more liberal alcohol sales laws, however.

Disciple

In Ohio, after christmas,the liquor reps come in , take the gifts out of the sets and throw the packages away. usually they place the alcohol on the shelves and let the store owner keep the gifts to do as they please. Some sell them and some give them away to valued customers. Same goes with those 50ml minis attached to the necks of larger bottles. many stores keep them and give away to select customers.

Thomas

Advanced Taster

I believe it's Jim Beam Black that comes with the flask/cigar holder.

SpeedyJohn