Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator in exile

BOTM, 10/05: Buffalo Trace

A close runner up in last month's BOTM poll, but second to none in quality and value. Buffalo Trace, both as a brand and a distillery, embodies all of the tradition of the past, and the best of the modern art of bourbon making. Join me in raising a glass in honor of October's BOTM: Buffalo Trace

Now what say you?

Sound Off

Virtuoso

Re: BOTM, 10/05: Buffalo Trace

Excellent choice... but it's time for me to get a new bottle.

Connoisseur

Great choice!

Apprentice

Too funny, I opened a new bottle on Saturday and have been working on it alone for the last 4 days. We (my work partners and I) had today off so we decided to take yet another tour of the distillery. I asked about the ETA of the Stagg, it will be bottled in about 2 weeks and will take another 2 weeks to hit the shelves. They were doing Blantons today. I was told Elmer was on site today, but we didn't run into him. Buffalo Trace is still my favorite, followed closely by Elmer T. Lee and Elijah Craig.

Disciple

I will get a bottle at the first opportunity. I have an open bottle about a quarter full. I will get a new one and do a side by side.

I enjoyed Wild Turkey Rare Breed last month though I haven't yet posted much about it. I drank quite a few different of Wild Turkey expressions as well. I can tell you this right now. They were all great!
    Ed

Hey, I am an Enthusiast now!

Apprentice

I have an open bottle (half full) of Kentucky Spirit sitting next to my laptop, I like the BT MUCH better. And at about half the price, that's convenient...

Enthusiast

A close runner up in last month's BOTM poll, but second to none in quality and value. ... Join me in raising a glass in honor of October's BOTM: Buffalo Trace
    I suspect that I may not be the only one with the standard bottling plus single barrel bottlings - in my case, Barrels No. 1 and No. 2 from Cork 'n' Barrel in Covington, KY.

Shall we include comments on these as well?

Jeff

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Great Choice - I have about 2/3 of the bottle I picked up in the UK last year left....
    In fact, I had a generous pour on Saturday night. It still hasn't lost any flavour despite being open for almost a year (Can't wait until the day it hits our Australian market )
    I'll post my tasting thoughts later this week....

Administrator in exile

Sure, just preface your remarks with the particular version you are sampling. In fact, several of us here have a single-barrel version from a barrel purchase we made during the 2004 Festival, and I plan on a side-by-side comparative tasting

Administrator in exile

Ed,

Feel free to continue to comment on past BOTMs. While their threads are no longer pinned to the top of the forum, they are still open and awaiting your remarks.