it can't be less than 80 proof or it has to be labeled "diluted."
Never heard of this before. Are there some bottlings of this in existence or is it a thing of the past?

The Phillips Union Whiskeys

As you can see from this previous thread, they also can be called 'flavored' whiskey.

'Hybrid' Whiskey