When I said that I would be opening a can of worms with this subject I should have realised that it was more like a hornet's nest. I have talked with Flaget and she has received quite alot of negative feedback from this site and my posting. We have talked and have decided that as much as we would like to honor distillers for their achievements, it is not politically possible to do so. We can not afford to do more than six or so the first year and do it right and since it can not be done right, we won't do it at all.

I will say that I would like to see all of the people mentioned (with the personal exception of Hamilton) on a wall of fame. It would be nice if we had a budget of a couple hundred thousand dollars to place them all on a wall of fame at the same time, but that just is not going to happen. The positive thing about all of this is that it does show how well read this site is. There were people who were "gun toten' mad" at Flaget that read this site but have never posted anything I have ever seen. All I have to say to them is don't get mad at Flaget about this, focus your anger at me. The wall of fame was my idea and making this posting was also my idea. We wanted feedback and we got it. Your voice has prevailed. So just calm down and don't hurt Flaget.
Mike Veach