Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster
    There's great golf around there too, if you like golf... Lahinch is the best course on the island, although many would disagree with me.

I love the Powers 12, but I think it varies from bottle to bottle.

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso
    I've played Lehinch before and it is great. This trip has been Port Stewart, Royal Portrush, Royal County Down, Old Head and Waterville. I'd say County Down and Portrush are Lehinch's equals....and Old Head has them all beat for scenic beauty if you get a good sunny day. Just my opinions.

Randy

Advanced Taster
    Well you've treated yourself there. Most of the people say that Portrush and Royal County Down are the best courses in the country - I haven't played them yet... I loved Old Head - we were nearly blown off the course.

I am a member of another great links - Carne in Belmullet. It wouldn't be everyones cup of tea, but some people think it's the greatest links experience on offer. Largest dunes in the country. Enniscrone is another great one.

Advanced Taster
    There are three new single cask Bushmills now available at the Celtic
    Whiskey Shop in Dublin - a sherry cask, a bourbon cask and a rum cask.

They're all bottled at cask strength and are non chill filtered. The
    sherry and the bourbon casks were distilled in 1993. The casks were
    hand-picked by the guys in the shop, which is rate for Bushmills.

I've tasted the sherry cask and it's very very nice. The best news of
    all is that they're very good value for a single cask Irish whiskey -
    79.99 euro online. Might even be better value for those outside the
    EU, but I don't know how these things work. Dollar is pretty weak at the moment, though.

Enthusiast
    Isn't that what you drink when your hanging out with the irish?! (lol) H'wood

In November I am going to Ireland to do a whiskey tour. I am doing the public tours of Bushmills and Midleton and I have a private tour of Cooley lined up. I really want to find the Redbreast 15 year old to bring back. I imagine the Celtic Whiskey Shop in Dublin will have it.

Scott
    Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whisky is barely enough. - Mark Twain

Enthusiast
    My favorite Irish whiskey is Connemara. I love the peaty smell and taste a lot. I'm looking forward to trying the Powers, Redbreast and Green Spot when I finally get myself over to the Emerald Isle. Thought it'd happen this year, but now it looks like sometime next year. Can't wait!

Bob

Advanced Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Gentleman
    In November I am going to Ireland to do a whiskey tour. I am doing the public tours of Bushmills and Midleton and I have a private tour of Cooley lined up. I really want to find the Redbreast 15 year old to bring back. I imagine the Celtic Whiskey Shop in Dublin will have it.

Scott
    Yes, the Celtic Whiskey Shop will have it. Nobody knows for sure if Irish Distillers are going to keep the Redbreast 15 going, so hopefully it will still be there.

Connoisseur
    I will move my stepping out thread follow up here since it concerns Irish whiskey.
    I stopped by the liquor store to check on the Bourbon supply and did not find anything I don't already have so I moved on to the Irish whiskey section. In my city Irish whiskey must sell better than Bourbon because they had a very nice selection. I picked up a bottle of Redbreast 12 and am giving it a taste.
    I enjoy it very much. Very fruity nose. Very creamy with a touch of honey.
    This is a very nice addition to the shelf...maybe too smooth as I move on to pour #2.
    I think I will make the John Power and Son my next purchase. It seems to get some nice comments and is nicely priced.
    Todd

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by brockagh
    Yes, the Celtic Whiskey Shop will have it. Nobody knows for sure if Irish Distillers are going to keep the Redbreast 15 going, so hopefully it will still be there.
    I'll be in Ireland in September. Are there any shops or purchases I MUST make?

I have most 'standard' Irish Whiskeys and the Distillery versions available at Bushmills, Dublin, and Midleton.

Please let me know.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...