Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Any fans of Irish whiskey?

I stumbled across a bottle of Jameson's 12 year old last night at the local liquor store. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Enthusiast

I don't think you'll be disapointed. Easy pour to appretiate. BTW, if you live in Ontario Canada, Jameson 12, Redbrest, and Black Bush are priced in the same ball park ($35-40) and are similar. The Redbrest is a straight pot-still whisky although I can barely taste it under all the sherry casking. Jameson has some pot-still, and Black Bush is a blend (without pot still I believe - not much anyway). All 3 are very sherried drams.

Cheers

Advanced Taster

I think Black Bush is a straight blend of 80% Bushmills malt with 20% Midleton grain.

I am in Ontario and it just so happens I have some B=black Bush, Redbrest and now the Jameson's 12 all together so I'll have to do a proper comparison.

Enthusiast

I'd like to hear your results Ghoste!

Apprentice

Irish

Hi All,

Well I have to say that I love my bourbon but I love that Irish too. I have tried the jameson 1780 Awesome stuff. Then I tried the Blackbush again great stuff. I then tried Bushmilss 3 wood, very good you do get some of the bourbon flavor in there, additionally you can taste some of the wood but not badly. Overall great stuff again.

I have purchased since that point, but not tried, Jameson 18 yr, Midleton Very Rare. I purchased the jameson 15 yr but I think I will save that for a very special occasion like, something special.

I will try these others when I get a chance to buy a second bottle so I will always have one in storage.

If anyone is in the KCMO area let me know and we can try it out sometime.

Regards,

George

Enthusiast
    Hi Gluce:

I don't know how much you paid for the Jameson 15, but it's not produced anymore. Collecters have gotten into the market, and bottles go for upwards of 150 Euro I've heard ($200+ US).

If you paid a decent price for it, you may want to lay away a few more bottles of the stuff, as there's nothing else like it. Heaviest pure pot still whisky I've ever had!!

Virtuoso
    I have a bottle of Redbreast that's waiting to be opened - but I need to finish off some of my opened stuff first. I'm getting there, though!
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Enthusiast

Jameson 15

Jameson 15 is one of my favorate pure pot still Irish whiskeys. It took me about a bottle to realize I prefer it by a decent margin to Redbreast and Greenspot (both of which I love). J15 tastes older than 15yo to me. The rich wood influence works exceptionally well IMHO against the extra heavy PPS whiskey.

I would be curious to hear how much it cost and if there is more?

Thanks,
    John

PS Doug found an old Jameson 15 from produced at the Bow Street distillery! A very different and I expect wonderful animal from my experience with outher Bow street pure pot still whiskeys.

Advanced Taster
    The new Redbreast 15 is as good a whiskey as has been produced in recent years. It is more sherried than the Jameson 15 and the pot still is just not quite as heavy. It would be a shame if this is a limited edition.