Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Trace

Guru

Re: Buffalo Trace

Bump...

Buffalo Trace has invaded St Louis finally! Today found it at Lukas Liquor superstore and at the Wine and Cheese Place. On a sad note, the former home of my bottle of WT 12 split label, Brown Derby Wines and Spirits, is closing its doors and only had a couple of bottles of its house brand left among the empty shelves. Sad to see a bottle shop close.

Disciple

If you are paying in the 20.00 range for a bottle of BT, that is about the the norm.

Thomas

Guru

Actually, the store where I get my VanWinkle deals has it for less than 16 bucks a bottle. Good deal for me and the city of St Louis!

I know I read somewhere that Buffalo Trace was possibly limited in distribution, is that why I can find just about every other BT product but cannot find Trace itself in California??

Guru

I know I read somewhere that Buffalo Trace was possibly limited in distribution, is that why I can find just about every other BT product but cannot find Trace itself in California??
    That is probably why.
    Joe

Enthusiast

Christian,
    You are right, the scarcity of Buffalo Trace has precluded us from entering the CA market. If we put just a limited amount in the state, we would catch more flack than it is worth. When we get our supplies up, we will definitely be there!

Ken

Connoisseur

Christian,
    You are right, the scarcity of Buffalo Trace has precluded us from entering the CA market. If we put just a limited amount in the state, we would catch more flack than it is worth. When we get our supplies up, we will definitely be there!

Ken
    Christian has no BT - at least for now, but he definitely hit the bigtime over the weekend by acquiring 2 bottles of Pappy 23 out there in CA.....good for him!

We know BT is working overtime these days to meet the demand. I for one (and I think it is safe to speak for many others here), are in great appreciation of your efforts and fine products. We look forward with patient expectation for your continued success for many, many years.

Taster

B.T. in Alabama

Was very lucky in finding a bottle of Buffalo Trace in a package store. B.T. is not available in state run ABC stores. Usually the package store buys from the ABC normal stock. So to find it for sale anywhere in Alabama is highly unusual. I think the state needs to move out the rock gut and put in a full line of the quality Buffalo Trace Products.

Connoisseur

Re: B.T. in Alabama

Was very lucky in finding a bottle of Buffalo Trace in a package store. B.T. is not available in state run ABC stores. Usually the package store buys from the ABC normal stock. So to find it for sale anywhere in Alabama is highly unusual. I think the state needs to move out the rock gut and put in a full line of the quality Buffalo Trace Products.
    A couple of times in the past, I have considered an opportunity to relocate to your beautiful state. However, my longstanding impressions are now changing & it is beginning to sound like I would not have stayed too long.

Wayne

Taster

Christian,
    You are right, the scarcity of Buffalo Trace has precluded us from entering the CA market. When we get our supplies up, we will definitely be there!

Ken
    Ken, As you shore up your supplies of Buffalo Trace, are we going to find some of the "lesser" brands disappearing? In particular the AAA that we pick up everytime we are in KY?