Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cowdery
    ...I imagine there is some kind of cheap spirit available for low income folks.
    Rum I'd think. Also things like sotol (a regional mezcal). Mezcal has been traditionally drunk by indiginous Mexicans who are in the lower income brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo
    Mezcal isn't considered a "high class" drink so most of it on the market is of "entry level" quality. Mezcal might not be for you - it has a singular taste - but if you have based your choice on a night with Gusano Rojo then you might want to consider trying some better quality Mezcals before throwing in the towel on the lot.

Kinda like deciding that just because Jim Beam White doesn't do it for you, you may wish to try some mid-shelfers first!

Cheers.
    Well, I was at a party. It always starts that way doesn't it...

I am certain that it was low quality. It has been 15+ years since that event. I don't remember anything about the taste, only that I didn't care much for it on the way up...

Prior to that event I had never thrown up due to alcohol. To date that has only happened twice, and the second time was more related to the sun and being in the pool and drinking too much wine...

I don't care much for Tequila, but I imagine that if I were to try a high end Mescal I might like it. I agree, the original Jim Beam I bought kept me away from Bourbon for nearly 10 years, and I thought of this wonderful elixer as little more than an eggnog additive.

As I've gotten older I've come to the realization that life is too short to drink cheap alcohol.

Joel
    "Oh Bother!" said Pooh as he slapped another magazine in his AK-47...

http://vinesnwines.blogspot.com

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mythrenegade
    As I've gotten older I've come to the realization that life is too short to drink cheap alcohol.

Joel
    Cheers to that.