Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: Dont stop in Alabama

I don't like the way this sounds. I'll be moving back to New Orleans soon. Anyone know if Buffalo Trace bourbons like Elmer T Lee can be found around there? I've kinda developed a taste for Eagle Rare SB and Elmer T Lee over the last month and a half. That'd be a shame if I couldn't get my fix down there.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Okay, I go to school in Lafayette, LA so here's what I know:

Buffalo Trace should be available there, my local liquor store says they can get it in, but they don't normally carry it. The same distributor carries Elmer T and ER SB so those, while also not on their shelves, should be attainable.

I'm not sure if the distributor in NO has been rebuilt yet, but their location in Lafayette is currently operating as the state headquarters for now. I'm guessing that it will take the stores a while to build stock back up.

Connoisseur

According to Ken Weber (in the Sazerac thread)

I believe there is a store called Hokus Pocus that carries a large collection of bourbons in either Lafayette or Shreveport. They may have it.
    Ken

Hope this helps.

Ken

Advanced Taster

Okay, I go to school in Lafayette, LA so here's what I know:

Buffalo Trace should be available there, my local liquor store says they can get it in, but they don't normally carry it. The same distributor carries Elmer T and ER SB so those, while also not on their shelves, should be attainable.

I'm not sure if the distributor in NO has been rebuilt yet, but their location in Lafayette is currently operating as the state headquarters for now. I'm guessing that it will take the stores a while to build stock back up.
    Thanks for the insight. I don't know if the distributors were damaged by the storm. I live in uptown New Orleans. My place is fine and most restaurants and stores are back up and running. West of the city in Metarie and Kenner, also the West Bank, are all busting at the seems with activity. So it's not total devastation.

It'd be great if I could get them to special order inventory of what I like, if nothing else. Hmmm...come to think of it, one of my buddy's wife works for a distributor in the area. I'll ask him to ask her for info. I'll post back here what I find. I'm sure someone else is in New Orleans and would like to know what the state of things are.

Enthusiast

Re: What can\'t be found in Atlanta

I'd have to say ETL is more widely distributed for the simple fact that I can get it in Missouri but not BT.
    I hate to shoot your theory down, but up here, two states North of you, the opposite is true. Buffalo Trace aplenty, but no Elmer T. Lee anywhere.

Enthusiast

I'll be moving back to New Orleans soon. Anyone know if Buffalo Trace bourbons like Elmer T Lee can be found around there?
    Given that Buffalo Trace's parent company is based in New Orleans, it would be a pretty sad irony if its products were not available there.

Connoisseur

I'd have to say ETL is more widely distributed for the simple fact that I can get it in Missouri but not BT.
    I hate to shoot your theory down, but up here, two states North of you, the opposite is true. Buffalo Trace aplenty, but no Elmer T. Lee anywhere.
    Then you are more fortunate than Dane, Mike (IMO)

Ken

Advanced Taster

I'll be moving back to New Orleans soon. Anyone know if Buffalo Trace bourbons like Elmer T Lee can be found around there?
    Given that Buffalo Trace's parent company is based in New Orleans, it would be a pretty sad irony if its products were not available there.

Heh, I just realized this. I've certainly seen Blantons everywhere. But I have not seen others like the ones I mentioned. On a side note, I saw their 18yo Rye Whiskey in BevMo yesterday.

Sort of the opposite here in NC. We have plenty of Blanton's, ETL and ER10 but not Buffalo Trace. That suits me fine since ETL makes a tremendous everyday pour. For the 'celebration bourbons' I can wait until I go to Kentucky to get them since I have family there- albeit they are in a dry county!

Enthusiast

Then you are more fortunate than Dane, Mike (IMO)

Ken
    I'm inclined to agree. I was just lamenting the unavailability of ETL (which I did manage to mail order a few of what Binny's selected and had bottled). I guess if I had to choose, especially for the price, Buffalo Trace would have to be my choice.