Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Enthusiast

Re: Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey

Got my Saz from Binny's the other day and it was the Single Barrel version. AWESOME STUFF! I recommend it highly. The "red hots" flavor comes through nicely.
    --Mark

When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetmeats View Post
    Got my Saz from Binny's the other day and it was the Single Barrel version. AWESOME STUFF! I recommend it highly. The "red hots" flavor comes through nicely.
    I'm about to order some of this myself, can't wait to get it! Sounds like Brett chose well!

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower View Post
    I'm about to order some of this myself, can't wait to get it! Sounds like Brett chose well!
    He did indeed! This Baby Saz is even better than the original release - and that was a mighty fine rye to begin with. My own impression is that it has a little more age to it than the seven years of last year's release - but I could be wrong.
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Quote Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
    He did indeed! This Baby Saz is even better than the original release - and that was a mighty fine rye to begin with. My own impression is that it has a little more age to it than the seven years of last year's release - but I could be wrong.
    From what I understand this is Handy that is bottled at 90 proof. Brett tried hard to get them to do a barrel proof selection, but with the Handy coming out, of course they wouldn't do so. I believe it is 8yo like the Handy. Although don't quote me on that, I'm going from memory (of which mine isn't very good) of a conversation I had with Brett.

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

On these retailer-selected single barrel bottlings -- which I think are great, by the way -- they can't really change the proof because that would require a label change and going through the whole label approval process with both the feds and the state. In other words, an expensive hassle.