Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Connoisseur

Re: How long would your stash last?

I am unable to calculate this number. If I did so, and my wife found out the answer, I would not be allowed to buy bourbon for awhile. Let's just say I have enough to last me a ridiculous amount of time. But as I live in San Francisco, I have to be prepared for the Big One...right? Back me up here...!

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Looking back at my answer I realized that I still do much of my drinking at bars or I supplement my bourbon drinking with beer/wine/other.

So, if nothing was available from those sources unless I modify my drinking habits it would be more like 6 years instead of 12, but I don't like drinking alone much so my consumption at home might not go up enough to account for all that I drink while out(and I'm not inviting every Tom, Dick and Harry over and giving them free drinks...though there may be some Jane's and Sally's ) I gonna say I'll probably split the difference and take a year off to account for the occasional tipple with friends...that leaves the final number at 8 years.

Connoisseur

See Tim, I would go the other way and say if it was 12 years but only six if you could go out to the bar, I'd take the year off your 6 to say it's really five. But then, maybe some of your friends will bring thing to sample as well so you might got to 7....

AVB - Love the math! That was perfect. My pouring is not nearly as precise.

Yes, Robby, the big one is coming. Stock up NOW. (and cushion them in foam packing!)

All I know is I need to add more redundancy. Planning ensures future success!

Ken

Connoisseur

Got 2 more bottles for Xmas so add another 10 weeks to the total. Puts me over 10 years now! WooHoo! I gotta enjoy it now 'cause New Years will knock it back down.

Guru

Til exactly five minutes before the end of my life. It takes that long to write the goodbye note and load the shotgun (life without bourbon?)....

Advanced Taster

Lets see....45 bottles (including my 2 rye's and 1 Bernhiem Wheat)at 2 pours a night, probably 4 nights a week....
    I'm GONNA GO STOCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Connoisseur

I added several WT 101 Ryes last week, but one disappeared DARN-IT!

That's one great rye though.

Ken

Advanced Taster

I am unable to calculate this number. If I did so, and my wife found out the answer, I would not be allowed to buy bourbon for awhile.
    I'll ditto that! If my wife counted how much I REALLY have, I wouldn't be buying anything for a LONG time.

Using AVB's number of shots per bottle, I could go about 2.5 years on bourbon, about 3 years if you count the "other" in my cabinet. I only drink 2 nights per week and usually have 2 drinks or less.

Jay