Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Guru

Rye Tasting Results for 10-11-06

Attached please find the results of today's Rye tasting.
    Joe
    Rye Tasting 10-11-06 at Doug's.pdf
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Thanks for the test results. Although my palate has not really become fond of rye as of yet, perhaps I might be well-advised to drop some cash on the Saz 18. It has almost disappeared in my area as all previous Saz did as well......even before Stagg.
    "All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me".....Winston Churchill

Enthusiast
    I certainly would. IIRC, there wasn't as much of it made as of Stagg. Even if you never develop a taste for rye, you'll have something good to share. And although I'm a Stagg fan, if I walk into a store, there's a bottle of each, and just one $50 bill in my pocket, the Saz is coming home with me.

Bob

Connoisseur

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BobA
    I certainly would. IIRC, there wasn't as much of it made as of Stagg. Even if you never develop a taste for rye, you'll have something good to share. And although I'm a Stagg fan, if I walk into a store, there's a bottle of each, and just one $50 bill in my pocket, the Saz is coming home with me.

Bob
    Glad you made that point about the comparison of production between Saz and Stagg. I had forgotten about the difference. You've convinced me, I better grab one while I can. Thanks for the good advice.

If anyone else out there needs one, let me know. The only retailer in my town who has any left probably has only 3-5.....well, as of a week ago. Going to check with them tomorrow. I'll just be picking up one for meself. Here in west Tennessee it goes for a little higher than most other places in the nation - $61.08 - partially due to our wonderful sales tax of 9.25%......and, it may quite likely rise again soon due to the government of the city of Memphis being unable to find its way out of the red ink.
    "All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me".....Winston Churchill