Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Sazerac (6- to 7yo) Rye

I don't mind at all, I ordered online from Binnys. They often have a lot more than what their website discloses. I believe they still have the full Antique Collection available as well minus the Sazerac 18.

Re: Sazerac (6- to 7yo) Rye

I don't mind at all, I ordered online from Binnys. They often have a lot more than what their website discloses. I believe they still have the full Antique Collection available as well minus the Sazerac 18.
    Thank you, I guess I will have to make a phone call then because I was looking for it, but didn't see it.

Taster
    I also just placed a phone order with Binny's for the Sazerac 6 y.o. You have to call, as it's not available "online" yet

FYI, it's Item No. 196996...

Edit: Attn: Virus -- If you're going to place an order with Binny's, you might as well get some Rittenhouse Bonded, AAA, and Buffalo Trace. None of these are available in Cali...
    Last edited by Joe_Blowe; 01-22-2006 at 16:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Blowe
    Edit: Attn: Virus -- If you're going to place an order with Binny's, you might as well get some Rittenhouse Bonded, AAA, and Buffalo Trace. None of these are available in Cali...
    Thanks, I had been reading about AAA but could never find it, and yeah I need to try Ritt. also. Is that the Rye or is the bonded different from the rye?

I am actually trying to talk my best friend who owns a Bison (the extinct bufallo's nearest cousin) Ranch in Oregon to go the festival with me and see if we could get a barrell of BT specially bottled for his Ranch, yeah I know it would be spendy, but would be so very cool to have! Probably will not be this year though, maybe next...

Still adjusting to this new format...
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Administrator in exile
    Well, I finally got a bottle of this tonight. I picked up 2 of the only 6 bottles yet to arrive in Lexington at the Thoroughbred shop. Sal seemed to think he wouldn't be given any more. Anyway, I agree with Tim's review mostly. Lots of cinnamon and orange on the palate, but what Tim calls young leather, and I can see where he's comming from, to me tastes much more "earthy," like mushrooms in dirt. BTW, that's a complement I most enjoy the nose, with its fruity/floral bouqet. Another great offering from BT
    Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Blowe
    I also just placed a phone order with Binny's for the Sazerac 6 y.o. You have to call, as it's not available "online" yet

FYI, it's Item No. 196996...

Well I am placing that order this weekend likely. That friend I spoke of and I are trying to sample all the different bottlings of BT we can find (i.e. Binny's Hand Picked selection, Sam's Hand picked as well as any others. Does anyone know of any others?) as well as regular everyday BT. All this to determine if it would be worth the time and money to go and pick out our own barrel to "use as a business promotion for the Bison Ranch" I think you can read between those lines right? Anyway yes I am ordering some AAA & Ritt. Rye as well as Corner Creek and a few others I can't find out here...
    C

but face to face

Virtuoso

Barrel Programs in the Bay Area

Christian,
    There are several retailers just north of you (well, not JUST north of you, but north nevertheless) with barrel programs in the Bay Area. Perhaps you could incorporate some bottle huntin' with an appearance at D-Day on the third saturday of the month (i.e tomorrow).

See this thread for some of those retailers:
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...2853#post42853

Roger

Bourbonian of the Year 2006
    I just got around to tasting this whiskey. Thanks to Jeff for his generosity, once again.
    Wow, Do I get that musty/earthy taste up front. Think recently turned black mulch. Not bad, but defintely on the front of the palate. I find this contradictory to the the nose, which is sweet/floral. After I got used to the combination, its really great. Nice rye spice kick on the finish. Gets my gums tingling.
    Colonel Ed
    Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Comissioned by Paul Patton, 1999

"It ain't the booze that brings me in here, it's the solace it distills"

Connoisseur
    I got in 18 six packs yesterday and we've been sharing the love all weekend. Been handing out Sazerac Cocktail recipes to customers like mad. We even lined up some "Save the Sazerac" tees just for fun. Someone please stop us! We've lost our minds!

I had a bartender email today warning that three Sazerac cocktails in a row is a bad thing. ha ha Be warned, my friends. This whiskey is so light and way too easy to drink. Much gentler than the 18. The 18 has such a rich, full-body with, of course, more wood flavor.

The bottle design wins my highest praise. Best lookin' bottle on the shelf!

Thanks for clarifying the hand-numbered bottle thing. I was wondering about that.
    Mark Twain was right, "There ain't no such thing as too much good whisky."

Talking IT FINALLY GOT TO CALIFORNIA!!!

There is some saying about patience that I don't recall at the moment, and wouldn't buy into anyway because I am not a very patient person. And I consider that a good thing!

So I was very happy to finally see Sazerac Straight Rye on Hi Time's website last night and could hardly wait to get there today to pick some up. This is great stuff! I love it, only had about an ounce sampling just now, but first impressions are great! Very peppery and spicy, you can tell it's young but I think that is good in this case. And I think at $23.99 it's a bargain...

Only problem? Now I want to open the 18 year even more!

I ran into the distributor there, and he told me that all of California got, I believe he said, only 50 cases of this, and Hi Time got 20 of them. I was so excited I wasn't paying complete attention but regardless the number distributed to Ca. was small! He also told me he was offered 200 cases of Buffalo Trace, but said not to bother because it would do more harm than good. He said there is a fear that California will dry it up if they started sending it out here... Interesting.
    C

but face to face