Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What bourbon are you drinking now?

Going to go with the WTRR-101 tonight. The nightcap will either be VWSR or I may break open the newly-acquired KS....too many choices...a good problem to have.

Connoisseur

Last night I had some Ancient Ancient Age 10 YO. I think that this is the best bourbon for the money, I think it out performs EC 12. I then followed up with a Weller 12 YO. This is another price performer in my book. I'm off to my brothers today and I'm hoping that he will share some of the ETL that I got him for Christmas.

I've had a pretty bad cold this weekend which is why I've been staying away from the higher end booze. If I feel good tonight I think I'll have some WT RB, I love that stuff!

Connoisseur

Last night I had some Ancient Ancient Age 10 YO. I think that this is the best bourbon for the money, I think it out performs EC 12.
    Here is one brand I've not partaken of in many a year. I can't remember if I ever tried AAA. I saw one the other day that looked like it had been on the shelf for a while. If I remember correctly, I think it was around $12-14. I have grown accustomed to seeing a label on the front & back of bottles. This one only has a front label and no bar code anywhere(?). How old would that bottle be - anybody know?

I'm sure it's on the BT website, but what is the difference between AAA 10yo and AAA 10-Star or are they the same? How many different AAA bourbons were/are produced?

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

I'm sure it's on the BT website, but what is the difference between AAA 10yo and AAA 10-Star or are they the same? How many different AAA bourbons were/are produced?
    Actually the info is available in the bourbon database on this site.

Connoisseur

Actually the info is available in the bourbon database on this site.
    Thanks, will check it out.

Taster

OK....Im having the VanWinkle 12 year old, Lot "B"....

VERY good stuff....I'll tell you what I'm having with it altho I am not in the habit of enjoying bourbon with food:

I was at a dinner with Julian and many others at the Bourbons Bistro in Louisville last year. Julian was drinking a bottle of his with no label and said that is good with cheese...but not just cheese, but GOUDA cheese.

I'm having my pour right now with an extra aged Gouda. Fantastic. Julian was right on. Certainly a master when it comes to what pleases the palette. The VanWinkle products are the best in the Bourbon World.

Thanks Julian.

Hope to see you in Louisville soon...I'll be back there again in March.

Having just washed my newly acquired Reidel Bourbon glass, I decided it should not just sit there empty, no that would be wrong to deny this new glass in it's new home of any libation! So I too am having some VWSR 12yo lot B, first time for me and I am quite impressed, can't have too much though because I need to get to the gym still (this belly is getting out of control!) but later on I will refill this lovely glass possibly with some WLW as I have been dying to try that since bringing it home! Or possibly the new Stagg? Oh it is nice to have these kind of decisions to make in life!

Connoisseur

So I too am having some VWSR 12yo lot B, first time for me and I am quite impressed
    I am right with you! The VWSR is very, very good....I cannot imagine it getting any better! But, I have not yet opened the 15yo Pappy and will not be getting the ORVW 15yo until Tuesday. From everything I read here, it is even better! I will have to pop one of those and see for myself.

Congratulations on the Pappy 23! Tough to spend that kind of dough I will agree....but, we'll not look back and regret. As I see it, if we had let the opportunity pass, then we definitely would have had hindsight regret. I would rather have a little less money now than be kicking myself in the butt for the next 2 yrs (or more) before Julian bottles another round of 23 again. As someone else put it here on the Forum, "it's only money".

Wayne

Advanced Taster

Tonight I opened my new WLW Single Barrel. In comparison to the GTS I opened last week this was a little more my speed. It isn't anywhere near as overpowering as the Stagg, much more enjoyable.

Now a question, does any one know anything about this particular bottle? It is in the same bottle as the GTS 2005, has a hand printed lable that says its 121 proof. I can't find anything on the distillers website about this particular issue.

Tim