Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Re: What bourbon are you drinking now?

This evening, I decided to turn a pour of Sazerac into a Sazerac...not bad but the WT rye worked better. I think the Sazerac 18 is best all alone.

Virtuoso

I'm starting off with Weller Antique 107... not sure what I'll pour next.

EDIT: I ended up making it a wheater night - followups were Old Fitzgerald BIB and then Bernheim Straight Wheat...

I'm going to have to replace the Weller - it's almost empty now. Fortunately, the Fitz is a fairly new bottle, and the Bernheim is still over half full...

Enthusiast

This time as I am sitting before the computer, I am drinking Evan Williams Single Barrel 1995! Very delicious!

Paul

Advanced Taster

Started the evening with a small pour of Booker's. Novice impressions:

Nice amber color. Very faint citrus when nosed. After adding about 1/2 tsp of spring water I get cinnamon and tobacco (strange combination).

Following up with WT 101. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. This will always be in my cabinet - a fine every day bourbon.

Not as eloquent as some but there's my $0.02.

Happy New Year to all!

Virtuoso

I'm currently having some William Larue Weller, with a teaspoon of water in a generous pour.

I started out earlier with a single-grain Scotch (40yo Alloa via Hart Bros.), something that I don't pour often as I'm trying to conserve it. Once it's gone there will be no replacing it - but I did buy it to drink!

I'm not sure what my next pour will be...

Guru

I made a fairly awful cocktail with Knob Creek. I don't blame it on the whiskey, just my hare-brained recipe. I am drinking it, though.

I took a teaspoon and a half of Country Time raspberry flavored lemonade mix, about an ounce of water, and about two ounces of KC. After all was stirred up, I added about 6-8 small ice cubes.

The raspberry flavoring and the KC really clash. What can I say, it was an experiment gone bad.

Tim

Connoisseur

I started out the evening by committing blasphemy with a splash of JD/GJ . However, I soon repented and righted myself by spending some time with Preacher Craig having a pour of his 12yo elixir.

As soon as things settle down here a bit after dinner, I am going to open my latest acquisition, Van Winkle Special Reserve 12. My plan is to kind of sit back & settle in at that point while spending the remainder of this year as well as the first minutes (or hours) of the new one with the some of the best! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.....AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!!

Connoisseur

I started off the evening with some Basil Hayden, then moved on to Evan Williams Single Barrel and I am finishing it off with Wild Turkey 101.
    I now have a nice little variety going and have a wish list to go after. I see many people enjoy the A H HIRSCH 16 YR, would it be worth a one time $79.15 to try it? Wow, I see you can get it for much less on line...quite the mark up we have here in WA! A happy New-Years-Eve to you all.

Connoisseur

With the evening (or morning) winding down, I have absolutely no regrets bringing the Van Winkle Reserve 12 home today. It has been a wonderful finale for my 'pour' tour this evening. I must agree wholeheartedly, it is everything they say and more. I look forward to eventually trying the entire Van Winkle line.

Connoisseur

I made a fairly awful cocktail with Knob Creek. I don't blame it on the whiskey, just my hare-brained recipe. I am drinking it, though.

I took a teaspoon and a half of Country Time raspberry flavored lemonade mix, about an ounce of water, and about two ounces of KC. After all was stirred up, I added about 6-8 small ice cubes.

The raspberry flavoring and the KC really clash. What can I say, it was an experiment gone bad.

Tim
    Interesting Tim, I bet a splash of 7 up would have cleaned that right up for you.

For us, my son in law and I reviewed a couple explerssions of GT Stagg last night. The most recent release was our favorite of the evening. Even at 142proof it is just chauk full of all kinds of great flavors. Vanilla, carmel, maple. Just yummy!

A very happy New Year to all!

Ken