Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Enthusiast
    Hi fogfrog!

Yeah, down here in the basement - with a lot of old jazz records - is an old fifties oak bar that came with the place when we bought it. All kinds of storage space. Whiskey's just for sippin' (I always drink it straight), so it's great to be able to keep a bar's worth of choices open.

But I'll confess I'm a mere babe in the woods when it comes to good bourbon. It's been beer for most of my life, and I love a good Yuenglings or Straubs. Bourbon had always been an accompaniment to beer, and the only bourbon I knew the name of was Jack Daniels. Turns out that ain't even a bourbon! But for a year or so now I've rediscovered the pleasure of leasurely imbibing good alcohol without vast amounts of water, and there's nothing, it turns out, that hits the spot like good bourbon.

Sure was good to find this site!

I'm going to try the Old Weller with a bit of water - maybe with a single ice cube.

- Kurt
    Last edited by Jazzhead; 03-19-2006 at 19:00.

Connoisseur
    Tonight is a late night for me...no work tomorrow and lots of pork butts to get ready for the BBQ tomorrow. I think a nice pour of WT RB will accompany the prep work just fine.

I have always loved BBQ...Bourbon is new to me...but the two sure go well together!
    Todd

Enthusiast
    Tonight I had some Jim Beam 7YO white label and now I am having Elmer T. Lee. I will say that Elmer T. Lee has a bit more taste than the Jim Beam White, but I wish I had a bottle of Evan Williams 7YO Black label (if it is 7 year old) to get the full bourbon taste. The Elmer T. Lee is really good and I had been eating peanuts which when I first tasted the Elmer T. Lee, it made it taste like bananas, but now that my 8 year old son brought me a fig newton, subsequent tastings have revealed its awesome taste.

Enthusiast
    Very Old Barton 6YO 86 proof. This stuff is good! I like it and it is cheap enough.