Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Blatant Plug

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Blatant Plug

I have made some changes and additions to my web site, plus it finally dawned on me that we can write hyperlinks into our messages here. (Okay, it didn't dawn on me. I saw somebody else do it.) Anyway, if you are interested in bourbon and all things Chuck Cowdery, check out my web site.

- chuck

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Blatant Plug

Hey y'all, I just learned that yesterday (Oct. 10) was BOONE's birthday! Everyone should take this opportunity to toast her with her favorite, Evan Williams Single Barrel.

I used this topic so I wouldn't have to open yet another one, just for personal stuff. The title seemed sorta appropriate, and besides, it gets Chuck's link back onto folks' monitor screens.

=John=
    http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

Connoisseur

Happy Birthday to Boone

Happy Birthday to Boone, Happy Birthday to Boone, Happy Birthday dear BJ, Happy Birthday to you!!! (Jo says this is much better than having to listen to me sing out loud!)

Greg

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Happy Birthday to Boone

Greg,
    As an employee of the Filson Club where the Patty Smith Hill papers are archived I think it only fair to you to mention that had you actually sang that song using a public media (i.e. the internet) you would have had to pay a royalty to the Hill estate. So all things considered it is best that you did not actually sing the song. For those who are interested Patty Smith Hill, a native of Louisville, wrote the tune "Good Morning to all" for her Kindergarten class and her estate still has the copyrights on the tune. This is why you don't hear it sung by restaurant employees or radio stations to celebrate customer's birthdays.
    With that said all I can add is Happy Birthday Boone!!! I am drinking a toast with some Very Old Barton as I type.
    Mike Veach

**DONOTDELETE**

(cough...)
    (cough...)
    (sputter...)

I'm sorry. I just had this totally bizarre picture of '70s punk poetess Patty Smith hanging off the microphone stand on stage at CBGB's, singing "Happy Birthday to You"® at 120 decibels. Of course, she's swigging from a bottle of Distillers' Masterpiece...

=John=

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

Thanks to all for the Birthday wishes. I wished I could have been toasting with EWSB but instead I was up to my knees in Christian Brothers Brandy!!! It's the toughest run we have but somebody has to do it. I dread it when it comes up!

Oh, by the way Elijah Craig 12 year will be available in the 1.75 very soon. We are going to start bottling it in the next 3 weeks.

Thanks again,
    boone

Connoisseur

Christian Brothers

Are you sure somebody has to bottle the Christian Brothers? If people want good brandy they should get good brandy. CB is a bit like Mogen David "wine."

;-)
    Greg

The Boss

Re: Christian Brothers

Greg,
    Despite it's relatively low rent reputation, I for one can testify (though not from recent experience) that the alcohol contained in CB brandy is perfectly good. It helps if one drinks a sizable quantity of bourbon beforehand so that the non-alcohol components don't offend so readily. ;-}

Jim

Regards,

Jim Butler
    StraightBourbon.com

**DONOTDELETE**

HEY JIM!!!!!

Good to see you back here! I was beginning to think we'd lost our driver.

=John=

**DONOTDELETE**

Jim,
    I was beginning to wonder if you really existed. You have not posted anything since I joined the forum.
    Mike Veach