Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Yeah I am getting antsy for the next BOTM, what's it gonna be? Huh? Huh, what it is? I can't wait!... Tell me, tell me, tell me!?!?...

OK I'll put the coffee away for now.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Connoisseur
    For you other Seattle area SB folks, the store at 1702 4th S. now stocks the Elmer T Lee. That was a nice surprise. The manager is also looking into a couple other Bottles. I guess there is a new restaurant in the Fremont area that wants access to more bourbons so she is looking into it.
    Todd

Advanced Taster
    I know it's late, but I've finally located some Elmer T Lee in New Orleans. The store I work at salvaged some from their Katrina damaged warehouse. I bought the last 3 bottles for $9 a piece. They're the older wax dipped bottles. I'm enjoying a taste now and it's quite pleasant. Not really bold or spicey, but full enough and quite sweet. A great bourbon, especially at that price.

Advanced Taster
    I also just got hold of a bottle. Great stuff- the first bourbon my wife ever appreciated. I can't thank this board enough for all that I've learned in the month or so that I've been reading.

Connoisseur

Question ETL Age

Somewhere in this thread the answer surely lies. So far though, I cannot find it. Looking over my ETL tonite while engaging it for a nightcap, I noticed that there is no age mentioned on the bottle. Anybody know how old ETL is when it is bottled? Someone close to BT and the inner workings there can probably tell me.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ProofPositive
    Anybody know how old ETL is when it is bottled? Thanks,
    Wayne
    Wayne,
    I remember someone mentioned some time ago (on good authority) that ETL is 10 to 14 years old.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonJoe
    Wayne,
    I remember someone mentioned some time ago (on good authority) that ETL is 10 to 14 years old.
    Joe
    Thanks Joe. That is kind of what I thought and would have guessed. Every time I open it, I like it better. One of those that grows on you or perhaps there is something to the bourbon getting better the more it 'airs' with each opening.

Enthusiast
    I finally got a bottle of Elmer T. Lee and the first drink of the bottle was quite good.

Taster
    Got a bottle at the local ABC for $19.99. Very nice! I'm really enjoying this one. Pleasantly complex, without much burn. Very drinkable.

Apprentice

Gateway Bourbon

I always refer to ETL as a gateway bourbon (please forgive me Elmer for that analogy) in that it is a great starter Single Barrel Bourbon especially for novices of any bourbon, to see that there is a whole new world out there.Also at the usual prices it's just a couple bucks more than a lot of well type bourbons.
    The Pleasures of Exile are Imperfect at Best, At Worst They Rot the Liver