Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulleit...

Enthusiast

Bulleit...

I'm just trying Bulleit now...On the bottle there's "Bulleit Distilling Co." statement-not Four Roses. I couldn't find this distillary among "makers" on the main site. Is there another Bulleit by Four Roses? Or maybe sth. has changed...

And...compared to the first bourbons I tried (Jim Beam Black, Jim Beam), I think "caramel" aroma is less significant here and this one is more oaky, tastes fine overall. A noice level result, of course...May I get any comments from someone who drank (or drinks) Bulleit ?

Guru

Re: Bulleit...

I bought my first bottle of Bulleit a couple of weeks ago, but have not opened it yet. Too many open bottles.

I also would like to know who actually makes it. But, I think it may be one of those private bottlers who conceals their source. Even though their website claims they use special ingredients and production methods, I do not believe they are a big enough player to actually be making their own product.

Tim

Enthusiast

I fought my way through two bottles and could never develop a taste for it. Just not my bourbon. I would take EC12 over Bulleit at a cheaper price any day.

Guru

Ouch! Oh, well.

Tim

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Bulleit is made by Four Roses in Lawrenceburg, KY. The brand is owned by Diageo, which contracts with Four Roses (Kirin) to make it. This is all openly admitted to by all parties.

I like Bulleit. Its high rye formula gives it a distinctive flavor.

Nothing about Bulleit struck me as impressive enough to buy it again, I know it sounds silly, but even the look of the bottle and the way it is spelled turns me off. I don't know, the 'eit just makes me think it should be pronounced in some European way or something? It doesn't help that it falls in that $22+ dollar range where I'd just as soon save money and stick with WT 101 or spend a little more and get something I really like...

I like things spelled the simple way, Bullet.

Enthusiast

I'm not going to say what it is. I used to like Dickle, not a favorite but it was ok. I can't drink it now cause it tastes just like flintstones vitamins.

Lots of people do like Bulleit keep an open mind you may be one of them. I do think it has a high Rye content if you like Rye it could be for you.

Connoisseur

Nothing about Bulleit struck me as impressive enough to buy it again, I know it sounds silly, but even the look of the bottle and the way it is spelled turns me off. I don't know, the 'eit just makes me think it should be pronounced in some European way or something? It doesn't help that it falls in that $22+ dollar range where I'd just as soon save money and stick with WT 101 or spend a little more and get something I really like...

I like things spelled the simple way, Bullet.
    It was a guy's name, not a projectile.

Ken

It was a guy's name, not a projectile.

Ken
    Was he French?

Hahaha, Just kidding! Thanks for the clarification.

Connoisseur

Yep, when you look at the history he was from France...but then again, go back far enough and we are all from somewhere else! I like Bulleit, and actually I think the Bottle is unique. Actually kind of an interesting history when you read it.