Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Guru
    Grant (may I call you Grant?),

Deliberate sarcasm will not endear you to fellow members of StraightBourbon.com, whether Chuck Cowdery minds or not. This is an amiable community, and we all want to keep it that way.

If you believe you have been insulted, I suggest you use the Private Message feature to straighten things out. You may want to consider giving yourself a timeout for a day or so before you make things worse.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,

Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesbassdad
    Grant (may I call you Grant?),

Deliberate sarcasm will not endear you to fellow members of StraightBourbon.com, whether Chuck Cowdery minds or not. This is an amiable community, and we all want to keep it that way.

If you believe you have been insulted, I suggest you use the Private Message feature to straighten things out. You may want to consider giving yourself a timeout for a day or so before you make things worse.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Understood - I did not mean to offend anyone.

I was not being sarcastic. I do feel that anyone that posts into a thread should be willing to account for their previous vs current views.

Enthusiast
    I don't think the public wants more, they just want the chance to try it (It could be argued that it was "public", but we all know in reality that is not true") . Wanting more gives the impression that most have already had it and have some desire to have more because they were pleased with the previous product. I don't think you can say that is true with the EC. I haven't heard one person that was able to purchase some of it actually say they wanted more.

FYI...I have an interview with Harlen Wheatley of BT on the new episode of WhiskyCast talking about the experimental collection...

Mark
    www.whiskycast.com

Virtuoso
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesbassdad
    You may want to consider giving yourself a timeout for a day or so before you make things worse.
    After the drubbing that the good folks at BT have been taking, I think this thread may need a timeout. In retrospect, I regret having brought my enthusiasm for barrel-condition sampling into the discussion of their experimental releases.

Hey Buffalo Trace - I like you guys, a lot. I think the negativity in this thread comes from a perceived one-time let down of the high standard of good feelings people have for your consistently good products and the friendly, open way you do business. Keep on keepin' on....

Roger

Guru

Thumbs up

Well said, Roger.

I hadn't yet come to grips with my growing feeling of unease, but you just about nailed it. I would go a step further and point out that the actions of others, after the product was out of BT's hands, are the sole source of any negative feelings I may have.

As you said, I think any discussion of such unintended consequences might better be put off for a while.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Guru

Thumbs up Back on Track, I Think

Well said, as was Roger's post, here, which I think contains a worthwhile suggestion.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Taster
    I guess if you wanted to try the stuff and wanted to pay to do it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-BUFFALO-TRACE-...QQcmdZViewItem

I'll just look at the pictures of the bottles.
    "Now it is time for that mellow moment"

Virtuoso
    My $0.02:

I had no illusions that I'd ever see a bottle of this on the shelf. I was lucky that I even managed to score two bottles of Sazerac 18, after all - it was gone from the Chicago area in a the blink of an eye, and it wasn't as rare as the XC! My remaining bottle of Saz 18 won't be opened until the next release.

If I would lay blame anywhere regarding the XC's lack of availability, it would be squarely on our goofy liquor regulations, which seem to be designed to benefit the middlemen more than anything else. I heartily applaud that BT at least made the effort to release it - as others have mentioned, they could have just as easily kept a few sample bottles and dumped the remainder - or redistilled it into vodka.

Let's hope that any or all of these experiments were successful enough that we'll eventually see a real release - I'm especially intrigued by the French oak.

Packaging idea: two 375 ml bottles, same distillation, one American oak, one French oak, same age, same warehouse, one package.
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by photogjunkie
    I guess if you wanted to try the stuff and wanted to pay to do it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-BUFFALO-TRACE-...QQcmdZViewItem

I'll just look at the pictures of the bottles.
    Well, I won't say what I think about someone paying $400 because it could be an SB.com mate.....but, I hope not. Anyhow, somebody had some brass nuggets and paid the price tonight on ebay and it sure weren't me!!!
    Last edited by ProofPositive; 05-13-2006 at 22:19.
    "All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me".....Winston Churchill