Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Re: What to do with Colonel Lee?

Yes, either 1:1:1 or just 1:1 the Elmer T. Lee, or Ridgewood, to the Colonel Lee. Try it first in the glass with Ridgewood, since it is from the same distillery you are simply vatting two house whiskeys and albeit their mash bills are different that doesn't really matter. The extra heft of the Ridgewood (e.g., it has more barley malt than the regular Barton mashbill) will likely "fill out" what is "missing" in the Colonel Lee. At the same time, the super-rich character of the Ridgewood will be reduced, which would not displease some.

The three bourbon approach (one-third each) will create more complexity but since the Elmer Lee introduces a "foreign" bourbon there is more risk of the mixture going awry, as it were.

Gary

Advanced Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by kbuzbee
    100 Proof Colonel Lee was discounted to $6.90 a bottle here in Ohio.

Ken
    I searched no less than 6 liquor stores in the Columbus area this past weekend and was unable to find this bourbon. Looks like it may be long gone.

Anyone know where it is still available in Ohio?

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by miller542
    I searched no less than 6 liquor stores in the Columbus area this past weekend and was unable to find this bourbon. Looks like it may be long gone.

Anyone know where it is still available in Ohio?
    I saw it several places around here no more than 4 days ago (Mentor, East of Cleveland)

Ken
    "Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary. "