Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    I haven't tried it yet, but I think Pama might substitute well for red vermouth in a manhattan-like drink.

Pomegranates do seem somehow more exotic and sexy than, say, cranberries, but the fact that it basically tastes like cranberry juice probably works in its favor.

Connoisseur

Mmmm...Good

The Pama gets my thumbs up, as well. Captures the tartness of pomegranate without cloying sweetness. Great packaging, too. I have been encouraging customers to experiment with it in place of grenadine in cocktails. It is awfully hard to find grenadine syrup made with real pomegranate. Boulaine makes one and supposedly Fee Brothers, too, although I haven't had it, yet. I've seen recipes for making it at home, but I've never tried it. Ben says he tried once, and the stuff grew mold after one day. (He didn't refrigerate.)

Master Mixologist, Guru, Bar Meister Dale Degroff came up with these cocktails as part of the Pama Point of Sale materials.

CHAMPAGNE DREAMS
    1 oz Pama
    1 oz Cointreau
    1 oz fresh orange juice
    3 oz Champagne
    Add first three to flute with ice. Slowly pour in Champagne while stirring gently. Strain into flute with orange and cherry garnish.

PAMA Martini
    1 1/2 oz Pama
    1 1/2 oz Vodka
    1/2 oz grapefruit juice
    1/2 oz sour mix
    1 oz Monin Ginger Syrup

Shake and strain into chilled glass with lemon zest garnish.

These are also fun ideas, although I haven't tried, yet:
    PAMA-RITA
    2 oz Pama
    2 oz Cointreau
    3/4 oz fresh lime juice
    Shake and pour over ice into margarita glass rimmed with red sugar and lime garnish.
    Mark Twain was right, "There ain't no such thing as too much good whisky."

Apprentice
    As a bartender my first choice would be pepcycles cosmo idea as I was in a comp a couple of years ago where a bartender made one with fresh pomegranite as a lament to the modern lack of it in grenadine (also as a bit more of a credible ingredient than grenadine) and it tasted great.

Do you reckon it's flavoursome enough to make a Long Beach Iced Tea out of? I'd have to play with it to come up with some real drinks. Any idea when i can start badgering the boys at Inspirit in the U.K. for a sample?
    Last edited by Paulbrad25; 04-03-2006 at 11:33.