I've noticed that Straight Ryes are as loved by most of us here and Bourbon. I've been buying a bottle or two of every Rye I can find and pouring a glass of each of them. I'm going to rank them in my favorite order and then ask everybody to do the same.
1. Sazerac 18 (you pick the year)
2. Old Rip Van Winkle Old Time Rye 12yr
3. Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye 13 yr
4. Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye 1985 ( This one's thick as maple syrup)
5. Rittenhouse Rye BIB
6. Old Potero 18th century whiskey ( Yes I love this one)
7. Black Maple Hill 18 yr SB Rye
8. Wild Turkey 101 Rye
9. Sazerac Jr
10. Old Overholt
11. Jim Beam Rye
These are how I rate my current open bottles of Rye. I have a VWFRR 13 Lawerencburg that I havnt open yet and I just located and put a hold on a BMH 15yr Rye and A H Hirsh 13yr Rye(both done by JVW), so when I get to them I'll update my list.