These two messages (along with the one from me posted below them) first appeared in the General Bourbon Topics forum before this one was created. Thanks, Jim, for setting aside space for Tennessee Whiskey. In order to keep the thread coherent, I'm copying them here as a "starter". Or maybe you can think of it as a sort of verbal "setback" for the sour mash discussion :-)

The subject was opened by CHRIS...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Chris
Posted on 7/13/00 12:32 PM
From IP 32.102.23.246

I know its not a bourbon, but, I would like some feedback concerning the Dickel ten yr. On the subject of another TN whisky, does anyone know the what the difference is
between the green label Jack Daniels and the regular Black Jack?? I hope you guys don't get bent out of shape with my TN whisky post...I am a novice, exploring the wide
world of whisky...thanks!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Followed by...

Subject Re: Dickel 10 yr.
Posted by RyanStotz
Posted on 7/13/00 2:07 PM
From IP 206.231.73.16

> I know its not a bourbon, but, I would like some feedback concerning the
> Dickel ten yr.

The least of the line by far, IMO. Too much on the sweet side, with not enough of the charcoal that makes the others, especially the #12, so great. And for the price, too,
it's just ridiculous.

> On the subject of another TN whisky, does anyone know the what the difference
> is between the green label Jack Daniels and the regular Black Jack??

About a year or two, IIRC, with the green being the younger. I prefer the black, as do most I think.

> I hope you guys don't get bent out of shape with my TN whisky post...I am a
> novice, exploring the wide world of whisky...thanks!!

Give 'em hell. I love the TN stuff. Only wish there were more of it available so it'd justify more discussion.

Stotz

My reply to this follows. Okay everyone, let's hear it for the fine state of Volunteers!

-John Lipman-
http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey