Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Guru
    Gary,

We have here yet another instance of my life-long cultural and socio-economic deprivation.

Now burlap I know definitely has a smell of its own.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,

Enthusiast
    I have the GTS of ole, and have just found/purchased the GTS '05 not to long ago...the nose/taste to me on the older stuff had strong hints of date and/or figs...how does the newer stuff compare? Obviously, I haven't busted open my '05...just looking for some more thoughts in anticipation of doing so!

Bourbonian of the Year 2011
    The Fall '05 is lighter than previous issues, more elegant, and has a more ethereal nose and taste. Specifically it has the trademark taste of smoke and "old roses". It is in a word excellent, and a fine value.

Gary

Advanced Taster
    The gunfighter walked up to the bar for one last drink before he had to go out to meet the sheriff for the showdown. "Give me a shot of your best whiskey" he said as he only had a few minutes before the clock struck 12:00 noon. The bartender grabbed the bottle of George T. Stagg fall 05 and poured a shot into the glass that spilled over the edge onto the bar. The gunfighter sipped about half his drink and wondered if he made a mistake as an upside down atomic bomb exploded in his belly.

Yes this is a bourbon for real men. It is bold and rich unlike any other I have tasted. It has a caramel and molasses nose and flavor that stays long after the sip. It is the bourbon that gunfighters, cowboys, and real men end up with at the end of the night.

bj

Advanced Taster

Re: BOTM, 2/06: George T Stagg, Fall '05

Got a new bottle of Stagg today. Must be Spring 2006. Going to pop it open for a pour soon.
    "A glass a day keeps the doctor away"
    Sincerely,
    George

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Got a new bottle of Stagg today. Must be Spring 2006. Going to pop it open for a pour soon.
    George,

I did also get a bottle of the new Stagg on the post yesterday. It was a “bourbon enthusiast” that I meat at Bourbon Bistro in Louisville that shipped it to me. (hope that’s not a crime on this forum). I will also try it soon or at least before Christmas.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by nor02lei View Post
    George,

I did also get a bottle of the new Stagg on the post yesterday. It was a “bourbon enthusiast” that I meat at Bourbon Bistro in Louisville that shipped it to me. (hope that’s not a crime on this forum). I will also try it soon or at least before Christmas.

Leif
    Crime or not..is there a secure way to ship this stuff? I bought a bottle of GTS for my brother but I couldn't find a way to ship it. USPS stole a case of Budvar that my brother sent me and shipping has never been the same for me again. Yes, I had to keep old George...Thanks in advance
    Bob K
    Last edited by NewBob; 04-17-2007 at 12:26.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Geo,

Do you mean Spring '05? To my knowledge there was only 1 release in '06 and that was October.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Guru

I've only tried the Spring '05 release of Stagg. I have unopened, Spring '05, Fall '05 and two Fall '06 releases. I've been procrastinating on opening any of the bottles since I have other premiums currently open. My next premium bottle to open was going to be PVW 15 but I may have to pop open that Stagg '06.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke

Guru

For anyone local to Northern Virginia and is looking for Stagg. I came across 6 bottles (dusty) sitting on the shelf of a local ABC. I believe they were all '06 releases.