Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pick A Beam

Connoisseur

Thanks!

Thanks Thomas, not a bad website. I'll have to stop in next time we're PA bound.

Ken
    "Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary. "

Connoisseur
    Okay, I tried Black Beam again yesterday. It no longer reminds me of Jack Daniels and I did enjoy it. However, while enjoyable I found that it lacked character. I would drink again but it is not one of my favorites.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Advanced Taster
    I've been eyeing a bottle of OGD114 but have not tried it. Of the Beam's I've tasted thus far, Booker's is the most memorable and the one I seem to enjoy the most. That's not to say that won't change with subsequent pours, but right now, it's Booker's. I find it very full, bold, and packed with flavor, without being overwhelming due to the proof. I usually enjoy my bourbon neat, or with a touch of water in the case of Bookers. But the other night at dinner, I ordered one on the rocks. It held up very well to melting ice and made for a very tasty and refreshing drink. Too bad my judgement got away from me and I had two. That sort of proof catches up to you quickly.

Enthusiast
    Jim Beam 7YO. Its the best because it has a nice flavor and does not try to be too premium like the black. Last I tried it was better than the 4YO. It is not dark in color. If I want something with more of that expensive taste, I'll get Wild Turkey.

Apprentice
    Never Tried Baker's, but Booker's has always done it for me.