Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

what do you want to try next?

Curious what you want to try next and why?

Apprentice
    PVWFR 23 yr. I've never been able to find it in locally...
    Mad Mac
    "If you want to sing out, sing out!"

Connoisseur

Arrow

I don't even believe it myself.....but, I still have not broken open even 1 bottle of Stagg.

Guru

Lightbulb

Wild Turkey 12-year old, for me.

Prior to that, my "holy grail" bourbon was Rock Hill Farms. I finally obtained a bottle on my trip to Kentucky, last July. It did not disappoint me.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Connoisseur
    Next bottle on my list is Rock Hill Farms. It seems to be pretty well liked and have some pretty good reports, so thats what I am shooting for.
    If Stagg were available in WA State that would be #1 on my list to try, for the same reason, people here seem to have a lot of good things to say about it.
    I have only tried about 16 bourbons so far and have enjoyed them all to one degree or another. I have 26 bottles (only 6 open) and am going to work through them nice and slow. As money becomes available, I will pick up bottles, mostly due to what I have read here. Just kind of gives me focus on my shopping. My wish list is all bottles I have read about here, the sad part is half of them are not available in WA State. Looks like I have some mail order in my future, but I have enough to try locally I am in no hurry for that yet.
    Whats on your wish list fogfrog?
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer
    Wild Turkey 12-year old, for me.

Prior to that, my "holy grail" bourbon was Rock Hill Farms. I finally obtained a bottle on my trip to Kentucky, last July. It did not disappoint me.

Tim
    That is the one that I desire myself, WT 12 year that is, probably going to have to trade a bottle of Tribute to get some just so I know. But then again, maybe should OPEN a Tribute and then I may realize that there is not point to getting the 12 when I can get the 15 year Tribute while I can find it and always pick up the 12yr exports later sometime.

And Wayne, you have not lived until you've had Stagg. Drinking that now after ORVW15, and tonite, tonite I say , the GTS tastes better to me. You'd Never know it was 140+proof, this is truly an unbelievable pour!!
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Guru
    My next want is EWSB 96 mostly to keep the string alive, but also because I have really enjoyed the progression from year to year. Haven't seen any here yet but it's just a matter of time.
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.

Connoisseur
    Well, I have to give the same answer as I probably did some 5 years ago : Very Old Barton.

Somehow, elusive seems like an understatement to describe the nature of this Bourbon. Sigh!

I will not give up, though.
    Delighted to see you if you can find me!

Enthusiast
    Still hoping to get:

any VW rye
    Saz 6 yr.
    Rittenhouse Rye
    Elmer T. Lee
    Buffalo Trace
    AAA
    OCPR

All because they are well regarded here and not available to me locally.

Of what I can do, probably should proceed with my historical/vertical OC tasting. Should do a vertical OGD too; would love to do historical on that as well, but now we're back to what I can't get.

Bob

Novice
    I've been staring at an unopened bottle of Sazerac 18 in my cabinet....