Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Guru

(Not?) For Angelenos Only

A web search found a reference to a liquor source (Beverage Warehouse) I had all but forgotten about. I used to buy beer there, long before I rediscovered bourbon.

Their online list of whiskey includes Booker's, Rock Hill Farms, Kentucky Spirit, and "Old Rip Van Winkle 15 year", all for $40 or less.

George T. Stagg is listed at $56.95.

In my Most Mysterious category there is a listing for Hirsch Kentucky Rye 21 y/o (no proof given) for $121.95.

The place is rather out of the way, located in a light commercial strip, just north of the old Hughes Aircraft (now Dreamworks) Culver City plant. In spite of that, one can't get to it via Jefferson Blvd; it's necessary to approach it from the north.

Has anyone shopped this store lately? I'm wondering whether to plan a visit there the next time I'm in the L.A. area.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,

Mike (scratchline) sent me a PM that he found that place, I myself have not been there but will when I venture up north again...
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Guru

Planning a trip

It is quite a ride for me but with the prices on the website, very worth it. I will be going in the next 3 weeks as I need to drop off a friend at LAX and will report on what I see at that time.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Connoisseur
    I was there last week. It is a great liquor store and has a very good selection of bourbon. They had more Stagg than I've ever seen in one place. They DID not have the ORVW 15 as far as I could see. They had the old Wild Turkey RR 101 as well.

The place is definitely worth the trip. Be sure to pick up some of the South Carolina Blenheim Ginger Ale while you're there. Very hard to locate and the extra hot version is very spicy. They also carry Lemonhart Demerara Rum in both the standard and overproof versions.

This is the best all round liquor store I've been to in LA.

-Mike
    "This is the real article. It is double-rectified busthead from Madison County, aged in the keg. A little spoonful would do you a power of good."

-True Grit by Charles Portis

Connoisseur
    On their web site when you click the link for ORVW 15, it is a bottle of PVW15 is pictured.
    Todd