Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Apprentice
    Hi Everyone,

I called the liquor store on Saturday and they said they would check with the distributor. I will call tomorrow too and follow up but will ask if they can get additional cases. If they can get 3 cases, I will get them if you are all sure you want them. I have answered all my pm today so I will check back.

I hope we can all make a good score here.

George

Apprentice

WT 12 yr pics

I was asked to let you see the 12 yr I found.

Regards,

George
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apprentice
    Sorry for the quality I resized them and heres what we have, but it is the split label and it says oin the back 12 yr limited edition.

George

Apprentice
    one more thing the date is 5/7/98 stamped on the bottle.

later

Connoisseur
    for posting the pics

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nor02lei
    Dave,

I have read on the forum that there are many different versions of WT 12. The version I refer to is at least in my opinion very woody in the meaning that it have a lot of bitter wood notes from the tannins of the “real” Wood.
    Hi Leif, actually I have to second your impressions. I recently tried the new WT12 duty-free version together with WT12 Split Label Limited Edition and WTRR 101. The Split Label had an astonishing nose but the finish was somewhat bitter. I also missed the sweetness and chewability found in the other two. That being said, i still like it quite a bit. As far as the other two are concerned, I had a real problem telling them apart. Compared to the new WT12 the WTRR 101 was an incredible bargain, to bad it's vanishing fast...
    The time-stamp on my split label indicates it was bottled in 1994. I can't help but wondering if these differences we experience might just be natural batch variations.

Mats

Guru
    Consider yourself vouched for.

As for all this Jayhawk talk though, this Mizzou Tiger remembers that Jayhawk tastes a lot like chicken! Them blue feathers do make nice toothpicks though.....
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by nor02lei
    Lennart,

I have seen La Fayette a couple of times on the lists of online stores. I am not sure but I think it was 10 years old and real expensive. I have heard that it is partly matured in Paris. Do you know anything about that?

Leif
    Unfortunately I have no inside knowledge about the maturing of the La Fayette (would be this legal at all?). The front label is in English and the back label in French. That´s all I can tell you.

I have also seen a 10yo called La Fayette on an Internet site but only once. Since I have never seen a picture of this bottling I automatically assumed that it was a printing error and that they meant the 12yo but who knows?

Mats, I agree completely about your assessment of the split label. The finish, normally WT:s biggest strength, here comes across as somewhat disjointed. Believe you me, the French version had a completely different finish, more what you have come to expect of a WT.
    Delighted to see you if you can find me!

Apprentice
    Hi Everyone,

Dave you sent me a PM saying that sometimes the liquor store doesn't know what's in stock, well you were right. He was ordering the WT 12 and it was never moving, I guess they only buy the inexpensive stuff in Omaha.

Anyway they had 5 more bottles plus the 2 the store had. So I of course am scooping them up. I am sorry for all the hype but I was just trying to set up splitting a case.

Dave Morefield i will send you 1 of the bottles because you were the first to respond to it, and one other is for my father in law. Dave if you want to pm me your address i will send it out this weekend.

When you receive it you can send me a check, I will let you know what the total is before I send it so you can make a decision if you still want it.

I will keep and eye out for more.

Regards,

George

Connoisseur
    no problem, a lot of times they don't realize that things are discontinued, etc. at least you were able to get a few!