Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Threaded View

Guru
    VoL,

I don't think I need to comment on BH do I? The one bottle I have I got "on sale" for $29 and bought for the girlfriend (and other Bourbon newbies) - a good deal compared to regular price. But that, I am convinced, is still a good 10 bucks overpriced.
    I suggest you keep that fancy, caped and belted bottle and replenish the contents with Old Grand Dad BIB, appropriately dluted. I'd bet no one would be the wiser.

Anyway I am very hesitant to say this, blasphemy comes to mind, but Baker's comes closest to reminding me of ------ . . .
    Dang it! I wish you hadn't said that. If memory serves (far from a sure bet) Baker's does have a quality that's similar to some of the sherry-finished, malt beverages. I have neither one on hand right now, so I can't test my recollection. If anyone has both Baker's and The M________n 12 y/o on hand, I'd love to hear the results of a head-to-head tasting.

Perhaps it would be better to post the results in some other thread.

If, as you imply, that's too far out, then a comparo of Baker's and Eagle Rare Single Barrel (often likened to grape spirits) might be interesting.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Last edited by bluesbassdad; 03-12-2006 at 15:48.
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,