Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast
    Administrator in exile

What bourbon are you drinking now?

As you're sitting in front of your computer reading this forum, what's in your glass?
    Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

Enthusiast
    Where has the whole thread gone?

Administrator in exile
    Every so often we close the previous thread and start a new one. This is mostly to keep such a large thread managable and easy to load for our members with slower connections. You can find the last thread HERE

BTW, I think this is the 6th edition of the WAYDN thread.
    Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

Enthusiast
    Ok, thanks for the "jet" reply...

Novice
    Im relatively new to bourbon.... I just picked up some EC12yo. Poured about 3 fingers over ice, added just a splash of water. All I can say is, MMMMMMmmmM! Very nice, very smooth.
    "To secure peace is to prepare for war"

Advanced Taster
    Drinking my fav. tonight, Wild Turkey Rare Breed, neat. No matter what else I have open there is no better and more consistant bourbon for every day.

Just my humble opinion!
    "I'm and optimist, even if the glass is half empty, there's still more in the bottle!!!!!"

Enthusiast
    I am drinking right now Jim Beam White 7YO. Now supposedly this is not available everywhere. But we have it in both KY and KS. The K states. I don't know where else it is sold.

I think this stuff is pretty good but..... I first had some (tonight)... Elmer T. Lee.... and for some reason tonight after having VOB the other night Elmer T. Lee seems rough! Although maybe a little more complex.

So I had some of the other stuff I have hanging around. I opened my new AAA 10Yr and found it a bit complex..... but I was not in a mood for dealing with complex and longed for the simple good taste I experienced with the VOB.

Then I poured some Beam 7YO white and added some diet coke. And had another....

Now I am up to 7YO Beam White on the rocks and to tell you....... to learn about what you like in bourbon you gotta drink a lot of bourbon in different circumstances.

But so far as I can tell I made a mistake in KY when I went there I shoulda bought at least two big half gallon bottles of 100 proof VOB.

The liquor store owner said he thought VOB was Well Bourbon. But they are using Ezra Brooks for Well bourbon at the Texas Roadhouse where I had dinner.

Now they are two different bourbons for sure.

I have yet to try Ezra Brooks. If it is like Evan Williams I think I'll appreciate it. But you know, I thought the VOB was so good I could probably live with it and Evan Williams and be satisified for variety.

Paul

Guru
    A Manhattan made with Bulleit. It was not the best Manhattan I've made, but it was much better than straight Bulleit.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Connoisseur
    Tonight it is Old Rip Van Winkle 10yr 107 proof. I was in a store that was stackin'em deep 'n sellin'em cheap!

Standard Van Winkle Lot B as a setup to some similarly-aged single-barrel S-W stuff I've run across.
    Tim