Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Guru
    Old Grand Dad 114. The more I drink it the better I like it.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Yesterday I tried Elijah Craig 12 year for the first time (neat, as all first time tastings should be IMHO). Tonight I poured a glass on the rocks, and enjoyed it so much that I poured another and came here to talk about it...

Joel

Wild Turkey Tribute, last night was the first sampling of this so I figured I keep the theme rolling a little longer. Better switch soon though don't want to tear through an out of production hundred dollar bottle too quickly! This is pretty darn good stuff
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Enthusiast
    I'm drinking Ancient Ancient Age 10YO. The last time I tasted it, a few days ago, I thought it was rough. Today its just fine. Shows how the drinker influences the impression of the drink!

Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon
    Standard Van Winkle Lot B as a setup to some similarly-aged single-barrel S-W stuff I've run across.
    Tim,

It would be interesting to hear what you think of the different expressions especially if the standard bottle is a Bernheim.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Taster
    New to bourbon and this forum. Hi all!! Jumped the fence from single malt scotch. I find find bourbon to be much more tasty.

Tonight I'm drinking Knob Creek. Looking to pick up a bottle of Bookers this week.

Taster
    New to bourbon and this forum. Hi all!! Jumped the fence from single malt scotch. I enjoy the taste of bourbon much more than scotch, and look forward to tasting as many as I can.

Tonight I'm drinking Knob Creek, and plan to pick up a bottle of Bookers this week.

Connoisseur
    Welcome to the forum, I am relatively new myself, and have learned a lot here. I received a bottle of Knob Creek for Christmas and sipped my way through it pretty quickly. Booker's is my personal favorite but I still have many to try. I love the warm sensation, almost like a thick caramel sauce across my tongue.
    I am pretty easy still, I have yet to try a Bourbon I wouldn't drink again if it was offered to me, but I am getting a little pickier and finding some I enjoy much more!
    Welcome and enjoy!
    Todd

Guru

Ec 18

Just to finish the bottle. As well documented on this string, it's not worth the price. I will say however it has become more mellow since it was opened in December.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Disciple
    Tonight it is Pappy Van Winkle 15/107 followed by WLW. These are my 1st drinks in 3 weeks due to sinus and severe head and chest cold. Both tasted fantastic!

Thomas