Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broken Cork!

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by pepcycle
    I have Walker Decanter from the 70's that has a plastic cork that's part of the glass stopper.
    Its a clear plastic with ridges.
    Seems that alot of folks have cork problems one time or another, one company to another...

I note that in many of the bottlings (with gift boxes) they throw in a extra cork

I will bring "extra" corks to the Sampler for those of you needing replacements.

Bettye Jo
    Last edited by boone; 04-17-2006 at 11:32.
    Colonel Bettye Jo Boone
    Industrial Maintenance
    Technician/Journeyperson
    Heaven Hill Distilleries
    Bardstown, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by boone
    Seems that alot of folks have cork problems one time or another, one company to another...

I note that in many of the bottlings (with gift boxes) they throw in a extra cork

I will bring "extra" corks to the Sampler for those of you needing replacements.

Bettye Jo
    How do we love thee, Bettye Jo -- let us count the ways. You're a real corker!
    Tim

Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Good news - I just received this email from WT today:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. A replacement cork for the bottle of Rare Breed was sent out today, 4/14/06. We always enjoy hearing from loyal customers.

We appreciate your continued patronage of Wild Turkey Bourbon and hope you continue to enjoy our products.

Best regards,
    Earline Oberholtzer
    Wild Turkey Bourbon
    Consumer Relations
    I received my new cork today - great customer service!

I received my new cork today - great customer service!
    Grant--

I just joined this board today, but your message blew my mind. Last summer my brother in law and I sat down to a bottle of his WT Rare Breed (I have a wonderful B-i-L--thanks, Ron!) As we were opening it for the first time, son-of-a-gun if the cork didn't break in the bottle. I understand there are cork problems from time to time--any wine drinker knows that--but maybe this is happening more often than it should to WTRB.

--Rob

Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by rcitino
    Grant--

I just joined this board today, but your message blew my mind. Last summer my brother in law and I sat down to a bottle of his WT Rare Breed (I have a wonderful B-i-L--thanks, Ron!) As we were opening it for the first time, son-of-a-gun if the cork didn't break in the bottle. I understand there are cork problems from time to time--any wine drinker knows that--but maybe this is happening more often than it should to WTRB.

--Rob
    I bought another bottle of Rare Breed at the same time as the one mentioned in this thread. I have yet to open it - but I'm really curious as to what the results will be. I will make sure to save the replacement cork that they sent me - just in case.

I bought another bottle of Rare Breed at the same time as the one mentioned in this thread. I have yet to open it - but I'm really curious as to what the results will be. I will make sure to save the replacement cork that they sent me - just in case.
    Good luck, brother!

Connoisseur
    This may sound stupid and I know its not the best way to fix the problem, but I save old corks from empty bottles for just this case. So when a cork breaks I have a back up to replace it with.

Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyBoston
    This may sound stupid and I know its not the best way to fix the problem, but I save old corks from empty bottles for just this case. So when a cork breaks I have a back up to replace it with.
    Not stupid at all - this is a good idea.

BTW - I believe that CrispyCritter mentioned this idea first at the beginning of this thread.

Guru
    I had a Wild Turkey Russell Reserve 90 proof cork break off from the top.
    An eariler suggestion about saving corks is a very good idea.

Oscar

Guru
    Yes, but we borderling OCD types have to decide how many is enough. I must have close to 20 in my drawer right now. The next time my wife is marauding for postage stamps, I might end up taking some good-natured crap. Maybe I deserve it.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,