Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bourbon Article

Connoisseur

subjective

All the ratings were 90% my personal ratings in regards to the featured bourbons. It was based solely on taste profiles and not at all on price. I wanted to give accurate ratings based on taste alone regardless of price to the readers. In the case of ETL, that would have received a higher rating if price was a majoe factor, but to stay within the confines of the "Top Shelf" idea, we disregarded price.

On a side note, I rate all my spiris on a 10.0 scale with decmals in my personal online inventory. www.liquorhunter.com. I do lan in possibly expanding that to a 1000 point scale, but not for the articles.

Evangelos

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangelos
    I couldn't have asked for a better "looking" article.
    I agree - nice looking article. One curiousity, though. The bourbons all look unnaturally pale - especially the Eagle Rare. I think the photographer had a lot of back lighting.

Jeff
    "One never knows, do one?" Fats Waller, American Musician, 1904-1943

Thumbs up Bourbon Article(s)

Speaking of Bourbon Articles, has anyone seen the latest issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray??? There is about a 5 page spread towards the back on "Bourbon Country" Shows the Woodford reserve stills and even lists 3 bourbons to buy with pictures: EWSB, WT RR and PVWFR 20yo!! Very nice....

Could this be the "proof in the pudding" that Bourbon is gaining in popularity?

And before anyone asks I do like Rachael and read her magazine, gotta a problem with that?

About the other arcticle, it is awesome! Only question I have (and yes this is a nitpick), doesn't the port finish exclude DM from being an actual bourbon? Not that I am going to get into an argument with Booker over this or anything just technically speaking of course.... But it's nice to see an article in which 7 of the 10 bourbons shown are in my cupboard!!
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Administrator in exile
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life
    Speaking of Bourbon Articles, has anyone seen the latest issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray??? There is about a 5 page spread towards the back on "Bourbon Country" Shows the Woodford reserve stills and even lists 3 bourbons to buy with pictures: EWSB, WT RR and PVWFR 20yo!! Very nice....

Could this be the "proof in the pudding" that Bourbon is gaining in popularity?

And before anyone asks I do like Rachael and read her magazine, gotta a problem with that?

About the other arcticle, it is awesome! Only question I have (and yes this is a nitpick), doesn't the port finish exclude DM from being an actual bourbon? Not that I am going to get into an argument with Booker over this or anything just technically speaking of course.... But it's nice to see an article in which 7 of the 10 bourbons shown are in my cupboard!!
    I believe they get around this on a technicallity by labeling it something like "Bourbon finished in port casks"
    Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

Enthusiast
    has anyone seen the latest issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray??? ... And before anyone asks I do like Rachael and read her magazine, gotta a problem with that?
    Must confess I've never heard of the magazine or Ms. Ray. But I found it and the article is online.

Jeff
    "One never knows, do one?" Fats Waller, American Musician, 1904-1943

Advanced Taster
    Not at all. I love to watch her, but I turn off the sound. My wife just laughs.

Jay
    Saturday night I was downtown
    Working for the FBI
    Sitting in a nest of bad men
    Whisky bottles piling high
    - The Hollies

Connoisseur
    she had quite an interesting article in the highly regarded FHM magazine.
    "That rug really tied the room together" -- Jeffery Lebowski

Advanced Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBoozer
    she had quite an interesting article in the highly regarded FHM magazine.
    There were WORDS with the layout?

Jay
    Saturday night I was downtown
    Working for the FBI
    Sitting in a nest of bad men
    Whisky bottles piling high
    - The Hollies