Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru
    The largest market for Rittenhouse Straight Rye is Wisconsin...You will be abe to find Rittenhouse in New York, Iowa, Illinois, South Carolina, North Carolina and Kentucky, to name a few Although, remember that it's not abundant. Some of these states only get a "few cases" at a time.

Bettye Jo

Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon
    • Twisted Spoke 16

Here's a start. I'm sure I've overlooked some early ones, and I'm not sure whether Weller 12 or Old Fitz's 1849 was ever 100% Stitzel-Weller, so others may suggest more.
    Tim,

I believe there are 2 versions of Twisted Spoke. The early is a rye recipe from a for my unknown distillery and the later SW. I got one bottle and I got no idea with version it is.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Connoisseur

One more to add to the list...

I looks like Henry Clay (UD rare bourbon collection) was also SW whiskey...thanks to Mike Veach

Check out this link and scroll down to #21

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ead.php?t=4476

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdog
    I looks like Henry Clay (UD rare bourbon collection) was also SW whiskey...thanks to Mike Veach

Check out this link and scroll down to #21

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ead.php?t=4476
    Not to mention I.W. Harper Presidentīs reserve. See #41 in the same thread.

Still available from The Whisky Exchange.
    Delighted to see you if you can find me!

Taster
    A bottling of Rittenhouse from 1996 was distilled at DSP 12 (Barton) and bottled at DSP 31 (Heaven Hill). Does anyone know if Barton marketed any of their own rye in the past?

schlep

Wellers 19yo.

I have a Weller 19yr old from 2001. Is that SW or BT?

Bourbonian of the Year 2008
    Weller 19 is Stitzel/Weller.
    Randy

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Barton bottles its straight rye under the Fleischmann's name. I don't know where it's available. I have never seen it.

The Rittenhouse BIB (which is the best value in an American whiskey) also is available here in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon
    • Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12yo (BHC -- early Louisville label)
    • Old Fitzgerald BIB (and variants -- e.g., , VOF, VVOF, VEOF, et al) from DSP-KY-16
    Tim, does the early Louisvill label look any different? I came across a place that had 5 or 6 of these that were all Louisville labels. IIRC 1 was BHC and the others were not, or it may have been vice versa. They also had 3 BiB and that was easy enough to identify two of them were SW distilled at DSP-KY-16 . They also had 1 Old Fitz 1849, anyway to tell if that is SW?

This was a nice little place where I found that 1 ORVW15 L'Burg and a few ORVW10s, but none of those were L'burg...

If there is no way to tell on the VSOF then I am just going to leave them because at $38 a pop I don't want to be buy any that isn't SW.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life
    Tim, does the early Louisvill label look any different? I came across a place that had 5 or 6 of these that were all Louisville labels. IIRC 1 was BHC and the others were not, or it may have been vice versa. They also had 3 BiB and that was easy enough to identify two of them were SW distilled at DSP-KY-16 . They also had 1 Old Fitz 1849, anyway to tell if that is SW?

This was a nice little place where I found that 1 ORVW15 L'Burg and a few ORVW10s, but none of those were L'burg...

If there is no way to tell on the VSOF then I am just going to leave them because at $38 a pop I don't want to be buy any that isn't SW.
    I'm pretty sure I remember Tim saying the the BHC ones were in fact S/W, while the non BHC's it wasn't really clear.
    "That rug really tied the room together" -- Jeffery Lebowski