I just returned from a several day meeting in New Orleans at the Royal Sonesta Hotel on Bourbon Street. I lived in Baton Rouge for a number of years and have visited New Orleans many times but this was my first return since about 1990. There are certainly some changes since Katrina last summer, but something that I didn't recall, or was very new, was the Bourbon House near the corner of Bourbon and Canal Streets. I went to the bar and asked about the bourbon selection (only the Beam small batch line was visible behind the bar) and the bartender handed a list of 56 different bourbons. When a requested a Van Winkle she said "good choice" and opened a cabinet where they were stored out of sight. Bottom line is they had a nice selection, including Pappy's 23 and Distiller's Masterpiece (at $35 a glass if I remember correctly) and I introduced some friends to Pappy's 15 the first night and Rock Hill Farms the second evening. The food was good too. Definitely a good choice if you are in that area.
Craig