Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peanut Butter

Connoisseur

Wow we sure got off topic

That's what drinking bourbon all night will do to you.

But honestly the PB sandwich actually sounds pretty good with bourbon to me, weird but good.

"Excuse me while I kiss this guy" -Jimi Hendrix, if it were true, the song would be a lot funnier

Enthusiast

Chocolate, anyone?

Can't attest to the peanut butter-bourbon combo, but one thing I enjoy very much with bourbon at times is a high quality dark chocolate. Not alot, but should be the good stuff (70-80% cocoa). The sweet-bitter of the chocolate goes great with the caramel-vanilla of the bourbon, plus the strength of the bourbon clears away much of the lingering sugariness.

Anyone else?

Kevin

Enthusiast

Back to off topic

As a tribute to the previous off-topic meandering, does/did anyone ever hear the middle 8 of Sting's Every Breath You Take (actual lyrics "how my poor heart aches") as "I'm a pool hall ace" ?

Probably not, I'll leave now.....

Kevin

Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyBoston
    But honestly the PB sandwich actually sounds pretty good with bourbon to me, weird but good.
    You are right.....it is a lean toward the weird side but believe it or not, the PBS is pretty dang good. It's even better if the bread and butter are slightly on the warm side.....getting weirder! Next thing you know I'll be adding bananas and frying the sandwich. Well, you gotta remember, I'm not too far from Graceland you know.
    Last edited by ProofPositive; 05-28-2006 at 00:40.
    "All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me".....Winston Churchill