Yesterday, my Dad asked me for a favor... A Japanese director at his company is going back to Japan soon, and they want to get him a gift. Apparently, he discovered Bourbon while he was here, and he really liked it. They decided to get him a bottle of Bourbon as a gift. Being the biggest drinker in my family, my Dad asked me to pick up a bottle of top shelf Bourbon for him.

Usually when I drink Bourbon, I drink Marker's Mark. I know what the difference between Bourbon and other whiskeys is, but that's about as far as my knowledge goes. I was looking around the internet for more information, and when I saw how active this forum was, I figured that I could just ask and find out what I need to know.

Here are the criteria that I am looking for. First, I would like to get a Bourbon made by a relatively known distillery. I don't really want to mail order anything, so it has to be common enough to find at a liquor store (I have a very upscale liquor store near my apartment.) Second, price is not a problem. His company is paying for it, so there's no problem with buying a $150 bottle. Finally, I would like to get something that has a wide range of appeal. I don't know his specific tastes, so if I had the choice between a whiskey that 60% of people LOVE, but 30% of people hate, and a whiskey that 100% of people like (as opposed to love,) I would choose the second one. I just don't want to get something that he DOESN'T like. I got no information out of my Dad other than that he likes Bourbon...