Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast
    Only a few bottles of mine NEVER get mixed.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    For warm weather refreshment, I like what I call "brown zinfandel." It's bourbon and about five parts cold water. Not what you want for serious tasting, but it's as refreshing as iced tea. Actually, I got the idea from Booker Noe and he called it Kentucky Iced Tea.

Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by cowdery
    For warm weather refreshment, I like what I call "brown zinfandel." It's bourbon and about five parts cold water. Not what you want for serious tasting, but it's as refreshing as iced tea. Actually, I got the idea from Booker Noe and he called it Kentucky Iced Tea.
    I am a big fan of your Brown Zinfandel and have it from time to time. However, I think that it has a place in a serious tasting, only a part, mind you. Getting away from the high alcohol content lets you focus on the other flavors and scents in the taste and nose. Of course, you would then need to taste it as it comes out of the bottle, or better, out of the barrel.
    Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward_call_me_Ed
    I am a big fan of your Brown Zinfandel and have it from time to time. However, I think that it has a place in a serious tasting, only a part, mind you. Getting away from the high alcohol content lets you focus on the other flavors and scents in the taste and nose. Of course, you would then need to taste it as it comes out of the bottle, or better, out of the barrel.
    Ed
    I agree with you insofar as if you can taste the whiskey, you're tasting, and you should dilute at whatever level works for you. There is something different to be learned at just about every level of dilution.

But the other side of it is that it is another way to just enjoy whiskey too. You see, from time to time, people wondering about drinking whiskey with meals, yet few seem to make this obvious suggestion.