Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Connoisseur

Kentucky's Finest Bourbon

A bottle with a black label, Kentucky's Finest Bourbon, I believe it said the bourbon inside was at least 3 and half years old, also mentioned Minnesota and United Distillers, I believe...unfortunately I was in a hurry and did not have a pen, so I'm going off of my not so great memory.

Any body know the particulars on this one?

Mark/Nebraska
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    The mention of Minnesota suggests a distributor bottling and further suggests the folks at Phillips, who are nice enough but they're just bottling bulk whiskey. The mention of United Distillers suggests them as the source, though without context it's hard to know what that means. Look for a DSP number. That will give us some information so that we, then, can give you some.

Connoisseur
    generally, where on the bottle are the dsp numbers located, and am I looking for the actual letters "DSP"?

Mark/Nebraska

Also...do all bottles have DSP numbers?
    Mark/Nebraska

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take... but by the moments that take your breath away. 11/25/2004

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Yes, you are looking for the letters "DSP" and, no, you won't necessarily find them. All that is really required is some statement of the producer's location which, in the case of a distributor bottling, may be wherever the bottling plant is located, which doesn't tell you much, except that it wasn't bottled at a distillery and is, in fact, a bottler brand.