Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Binny's W. L. Weller Aged 12 Years

I bought this bottle at Binny’s this week and it has a tag that says that the contents of this bottle are from a single barrel hand-selected by Binny’s. As I think this the best bottle of bourbon I have tasted to date, should I go back and buy several more bottle to store, in the hope that the other bottles are from the same barrel?
    Thank you
    Gordon

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    There is at least one existing thread about this bottling, but the short answer to your question is "yes."

Connoisseur
    I don't know who picks the barrels for Binny's but I loved the Binnys Bookers selection, best Bookers I've ever had. Sounds like I'll try to get some of this Binny's Weller as well.
    "That rug really tied the room together" -- Jeffery Lebowski

Disciple
    When I toured Buffalo Trace in April, I was talking to Ken Weber and the subject of Binny's came up. He said that Brett from Binnys travels to BT to periodically select barrels for Binnys. in fact, he was due to arrive the week after I was there to select approx. 14 barrels for various bottlings.

Thomas

Bourbonian of the Year 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH
    Brett from Binnys travels to BT to periodically select barrels for Binnys.
    Brett Pontoni is a good friend of StraightBourbon.com. He's a talented whiskey expert who took over the role previously held by Joe Congiusti and is quickly making a name for himself around the globe. Malt Advocate named him Industry Leader of the Year in 2005.
    ____ ____
    Barrel_Proof

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrel_Proof
    Brett Pontoni is a good friend of StraightBourbon.com. He's a talented whiskey expert who took over the role previously held by Joe Congiusti and is quickly making a name for himself around the globe. Malt Advocate named him Industry Leader of the Year in 2005.
    He's also a really nice guy.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Bourbonian of the Year 2007
    It goes without saying that all good friends of StraightBourbon.com are "really nice" people!
    ____ ____
    Barrel_Proof

Disciple
    I can vouch that Brett is a great guy. I called Binnys toll free number one night just after 9pm hoping to find out what their regular hours were. low and behold, someone answeres the phone and its none other than Brett.I couldn't believe it. he took my order and it went ouit exactly on the dot like he said it would. Cheers to brett and Binnys!

Thomas