Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

HH barrel proof?

Iīm pretty sure that one or even two years ago there was some info about a barrel proof Heaven Hill bourbon being on its way, but since then I havenīt heard anything about this.

I was really looking forward to this and I wonder if anyone knows something more?

Or did I perhaps dream about it?

I tried using the search function but so many here use HH instead of Heaven Hill and barrel strength/cask strength instead of proof, so it was quite difficult to navigate.
    Delighted to see you if you can find me!

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    I've never heard of a barrel-proof HH, either actual or impending. Seems like something they should do, though, under one of their brands, at least as a special edition.

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator
    Once I mentioned this to Larry Kass and he said we already have one, Original Barrel 107 proof.
    ___Bobby Cox___

May you have wonderful things thought of to do...

Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedmans Brorsa
    Iīm pretty sure that one or even two years ago there was some info about a barrel proof Heaven Hill bourbon being on its way, but since then I havenīt heard anything about this.

I was really looking forward to this and I wonder if anyone knows something more?

Or did I perhaps dream about it?

I tried using the search function but so many here use HH instead of Heaven Hill and barrel strength/cask strength instead of proof, so it was quite difficult to navigate.
    Lennart,

Cadenheads have several single barrels that are sold here in Europe. A bit pricey though.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Connoisseur
    Have you tried any of these Cadenheads bottlings, Leif? I haven´t but I really don´t know why. Maybe because there´s always something hazardous about independent bottlings. If you are unlucky you could end up with a really dodgy bottle, even if the distillery in question is irreproachable.

Anyways, what I had in mind was an official HH bottling. After doing an extensive search I eventually found the post in question. It´s from 2004 but beware : it´s from the old forum with no converted smilies. Bearing in mind Bettye Jo´s charming penchant for smilies it is not always easy to read.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/ubbth...ead.php?t=3127
    Last edited by Hedmans Brorsa; 06-06-2006 at 02:22.
    Delighted to see you if you can find me!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyc
    Once I mentioned this to Larry Kass and he said we already have one, Original Barrel 107 proof.
    I don't know whose barrels come out at 107, but Heaven Hill's definitely don't. The EWSB Vintage unveiling usually starts with a tasting at barrel proof and it's a Stagg-worthy 145.

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator
    His words, not mine. I didn't make it up. Kitzmiller, his wife,BettyeJo Me and Amelia were there.
    ___Bobby Cox___

May you have wonderful things thought of to do...

Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedmans Brorsa
    Have you tried any of these Cadenheads bottlings, Leif? I havenīt but I really donīt know why. Maybe because thereīs always something hazardous about independent bottlings. If you are unlucky you could end up with a really dodgy bottle, even if the distillery in question is irreproachable.

Anyways, what I had in mind was an official HH bottling. After doing an extensive search I eventually found the post in question. Itīs from 2004 but beware : itīs from the old forum with no converted smilies. Bearing in mind Bettye Joīs charming penchant for smilies it is not always easy to read.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/ubbth...ead.php?t=3127
    Lennart,

No I haven’t tasted any of Cadenheads HH bourbon offerings. And I also wait for an official HH uncut and hopefully unfiltered bottle.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

His words, not mine. I didn't make it up. Kitzmiller, his wife,BettyeJo Me and Amelia were there.
    Please don't think my statement reflected any doubts about you. I'm sure you heard correctly, it jus t'ain't so.

Advanced Taster
    Where, pray tell, can one acquire a bottle? Is this a new product that is still aging?