Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Connoisseur

Signed Bottle of Baker's

Happy Father's Day all.

Yesterday I was able to acquire a signed bottle of Baker's (along with a WTRR 101!) and besides being signed by Fred Noe there is one small discrepancy on the label. Where my other bottle of Baker's has the proof listed at 53.5% this one has it as 53 1/2%.

Is this an older label or a special label that he signs? Both are batch B-90-001 and are otherwise identical.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Advanced Taster
    Funny that you posted this. I was about to post my own Bakers' Bottle Question. Hope you dont mind if I do it here.

I was in St Louis this weekend and found this in an old corner store. Can anyone tell me how old it is. Mine says 53-1/2% also, but the label is old. Batch # B-85-001....

Just checked my current bottle of Bakers, that I have been drinking for a couple of weeks and it is B-90-001 and says 53-1/2% also.

Last edited by wskybnt; 06-18-2006 at 21:43.

Guru
    What? You were in St Louis over the weekend and never called or wrote? I feel so neglected in not being able to play host.....
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.

Advanced Taster
    I was only in town for a short time to visit a friend. I almost thought to ask on the board if there was any good liquor stores, and where to go? My friend didnt know of many, he's a Rum drinker. I may be going back in October, got any suggestions on Stores to hit up???

I cant find any info on my bottle, I am going to open it and do a comparison between it and my new(er) bottle of Bakers.

Disciple
    Isn't that a newer bottle of Baker's? I thought the old ones were the ones with the black label and the big B on the front...?
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Sijan
    Isn't that a newer bottle of Baker's? I thought the old ones were the ones with the black label and the big B on the front...?
    Nope, thatīs the old one. I still have an empty bottle left with the same batch number. Bought in -99 or possibly early 2000.

Brings back nostalgia about my early bourbon days/daze. If I remember correctly, Bakerīs was much more closer in style to Bookerīs back then.
    Delighted to see you if you can find me!

Disciple
    So is the black label with the big B the new label? Because I'd seen it around for awhile, but only recently started seeing labels similar to the one above. I assumed they were new...
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Advanced Taster
    Thanks for the info on the St. Louis area. I'll let you know before I go back.

The big B bottles are the newer ones, but they have been that way for a few + years now.

Guru
    For great prices on many bourbons, rums and even (egad) SMSW, go to one of the Wine and Cheese Place shops in Clayton (on Forsyth) or in Rock Hill on Manchester Rd (just west of McKnight about a half mile on the right) (REALLY good prices on Pappy 20). For a larger selection, Lukas Liquor Superstore at Manchester and Clarkson way out in West St Louis County. Better yet, give me a call and if I can I'll take you there myself!
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.