Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blanton's Gold

Bourbonian of the Year 2011
    I checked the site and evidently they are all single barrel. It is interesting to note though that the Blanton's site in respect of e.g., the Silver, notes it is bottled at higher alcohol content, and then states it is superior in aroma and taste and is bottled specially for the export market. Also, what I now realise I meant in respect of the barrel-strength version is it is unfiltered. Even cut those bottles (4 or 5 last year I bought in Ontario) seemed somewhat different from Original and the Gold. Anyway while I am curious like anyone about these fine points there is no question all Blanton has a commonality.

I'd guess, in light of all I've read, that when Blanton refers to its Silver as superior it is referring to the effect of less dilution, not better barrels.

Gary
    Last edited by Gillman; 06-19-2006 at 12:46.

Connoisseur
    Reading BSSīs list carefully I notice a 'Black' that Iīm also unfamiliar with.

Now, if proof is all that matters here, then what is the difference between Green, Black and Red?
    Delighted to see you if you can find me!

Enthusiast
    There is also an Asian version of the regular that has a label that is a little lighter than the American version. But with the same proof. I think the only difference is where its going. Different colors for different destinations. I know the Black is for Japan.

I have pictures of my Blanton's bottles in this thread
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ighlight=stash
    Last edited by BSS; 06-19-2006 at 13:32.

Advanced Taster
    In my investigation into Blantons I found out a bit more. First, Blantons 'barrels' come from Ancient Age casks -- and are closer to the 7YO than the 10yr AAA. Second, confirmation that all the differences in Blantons are proof.

Connoisseur
    I've also seen different Blanton's stoppers around here. One when the horse is galloping and the other when it seems to be walking.

Anyone else notice this?
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Administrator in exile
    Tim,

Also notice that below the horse on each of those stoppers is a letter. There are eight different letters that spell "Blanton's." If you put them in order you will notice the full stride of a horse as if racing.
    Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by jeff
    Tim,

Also notice that below the horse on each of those stoppers is a letter. There are eight different letters that spell "Blanton's." If you put them in order you will notice the full stride of a horse as if racing.
    How cool is that! As Johnny Carson used to say..." I..I..I..did not know that.." Of course, how many of us went charging to our bunkers to see what letter(s) we have. Let's see, I have a B and an N. Great, my wife is going to be so happy to learn I now have to spend another $300 to try and spell BLANTON'S. I can hear her now. "you dip#$%!" The good folks at BT look more brilliant every day.

Cheers!

JOE

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe
    ...Let's see, I have a B and an N. Great, my wife is going to be so happy to learn I now have to spend another $300 to try and spell BLANTON'S...
    Joe, if you happen to visit Buffalo Trace, you can buy the stoppers you need in the gift shop. I'm not sure of the price, but certainly less than a bottle of Blanton's. Or, you can buy the whole set, mounted on a barrel slat!
    Tim

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon
    Joe, if you happen to visit Buffalo Trace, you can buy the stoppers you need in the gift shop. I'm not sure of the price, but certainly less than a bottle of Blanton's. Or, you can buy the whole set, mounted on a barrel slat!
    Thanks for the tip Tim, but I was only kidding on my desire to do the entire Blanton's line-up. But, I'm liable to get there eventually, because I do like it, and will continue to buy it!! I'll just be selective on the bottles I pick out!

Cheers!

JOE