Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Tequila Bloody Marys

I was reading an article about the origin of the Bloody Caesar and it said a common variation, even in Alberta where the Caesar was invented (in the 60's), is to use tequila. I tried this with a regular Bloody Mary mix (my own from the organic juice) and it is really good. The tequila taste comes through and melds well with the pepper and spice of the Bloody Mary. I know there are tequila fans on the site and if any like a Bloody Mary consider trying this, it's good. For the spirit I used a combo of Cuervo Gold, Sauza (the gold-colored one) and that South African tequila-like drink we spoke of a while back.

Gary

Apprentice

Try Gin Bloody Marys

I am a huge fan of a bloody mary made with Gin. I prefer a gin with a fairly strong juniper note such as Tanquerey. The juniper really seems to go well with a bloody mary. Even the really cheap Burnetts gin works well. It also works well in a gin and tonic but nevery in a martini.

Guru
    Having just spent a week in Mexico, I had a mary with tequila. More than one actually. The mix was 60/40 Tomato Juice and Orange Juice, and the tequila varied. Quite tasty.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.