Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Bottle of Ancient Age

Not exactly top shelf but, my grandfather gave me a bottle that he seems to remember getting back in the late 50s - 60s. It is glass, seal still intact, has a US Internal Revenue seal with a serial number still over the cap.

Just curious if there was a way to determine the exact date?

Thanks for any help.

-James

Oh yeah, grandpa actually had the decrotive box the bottle came in but an ex roomate of mine chucked it.

Connoisseur

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJLHS
    Not exactly top shelf but, my grandfather gave me a bottle that he seems to remember getting back in the late 50s - 60s. It is glass, seal still intact, has a US Internal Revenue seal with a serial number still over the cap.

Just curious if there was a way to determine the exact date?

Thanks for any help.

-James

Oh yeah, grandpa actually had the decrotive box the bottle came in but an ex roomate of mine chucked it.
    If there is not a date on the govt seal, look at the bottom of the bottle for a 2-digit indicator of the year of bottling. However, I am not sure about bottles of the age you are thinking it was purchased by your grandfather. Some of the much more knowledgeable souls on here can answer that question better than me.

In any event, a great bottle to have and to hold. Hang on to it!
    "All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me".....Winston Churchill