Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Taster
    I can get Eagle Rare Single barrel for $19.99 here....a good price and a good pour.

Love the 101 tho, but not better then the SB . . . just different...

Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by BourbonBalls
    I can get Eagle Rare Single barrel for $19.99 here....a good price and a good pour.

Love the 101 tho, but not better then the SB . . . just different...
    That is a good price! And that is about what I paid for ER 101 when I do the math yen to dollar, maybe just a buck or so more. The SB on the other hand is over 30 bucks American.
    Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Advanced Taster
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward_call_me_Ed
    That is a good price! And that is about what I paid for ER 101 when I do the math yen to dollar, maybe just a buck or so more. The SB on the other hand is over 30 bucks American.
    Ed
    I'm in bourbon heaven here. I can get ER SB on sale (and is seems to be all the time) for $17. I just wish I could find some more ER 101. They are both really good, but I like the 101 a little more. I think I would like ER SB a LOT less at $30USD.

Jay
    Saturday night I was downtown
    Working for the FBI
    Sitting in a nest of bad men
    Whisky bottles piling high
    - The Hollies

Disciple
    As I posted on another thread, ER101 is still pretty widely available in liquor stores in the areas around Houston and Austin. I have seen several stores with shelves full of ER101 bottles, and several more stores have had at least a bottle or two.
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Novice
    During a visit to Wisconsin, I saw the ERSB for $20 a bottle there in more than one place.
    Which is $14-15 less expensive than I saw in Kentucky.
    Now I suppose they could all just be having a short sale up there, but I found that a bit strange.

Guru
    I know of three bottles. Two in the bunker and one in a liquor store that has been marked up to $30.00.

MI has the worst of all worlds for liquor, its state controlled and has a minimum price. Many party stores advertise that they charge the state minimum but they don't. Its a good thing the prices are available on the Internet if you know where to look. When the state discontinues something the store can charge whatever they want if they are the only store to have a desirable drink.

Virtuoso
    Quote Originally Posted by special_reserve
    MI has the worst of all worlds for liquor, its state controlled and has a minimum price.
    (snip)
    When the state discontinues something the store can charge whatever they want if they are the only store to have a desirable drink.
    Indeed, I've noticed that Michigan can be a bit of a whiskey wasteland - but, oddly enough, the only Port Ellen Scotch that I ever saw for an affordable price was in Michigan, of all places.

I've also noticed that Michigan prices for top-shelf pours tend to be fairly in line with Chicago prices - but the cheaper stuff costs more than in Chicago.
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by krisk
    During a visit to Wisconsin, I saw the ERSB for $20 a bottle there in more than one place.
    Which is $14-15 less expensive than I saw in Kentucky.
    Now I suppose they could all just be having a short sale up there, but I found that a bit strange.
    ERSB for $35 in Kentucky seems unlikely. What you probably saw was the Eagle Rare 17-Year-Old, which looks similar and usually is priced $35-$40 a bottle. Normal price for the ERSB in most places is $20-$25, as they are trying to compete directly in the price seqment with Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, etc.

Which reminds me, I really should pick up a bottle of ERSB.

Guru
    The Van Winkle products are much more expensive in MI. This is most unfortunate.

Administrator in exile
    Quote Originally Posted by cowdery
    ERSB for $35 in Kentucky seems unlikely. What you probably saw was the Eagle Rare 17-Year-Old, which looks similar and usually is priced $35-$40 a bottle. Normal price for the ERSB in most places is $20-$25, as they are trying to compete directly in the price seqment with Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, etc.

Which reminds me, I really should pick up a bottle of ERSB.
    Chuck's right, ERSB is typically priced around $22 at Liquor Barn in Lexington, maybe a few dollars more at an expensive or remote retailer.
    Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi